• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A New Kind of Charger Coming...Perfect for the Camino?

Peregrinandbearit

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria (2005), ? (2015)
It's called "SolePower: Power by Walking" and was a Kickstarter campaign that I just happened to notice near its conclusion. As the company succinctly describes its invention, "SolePower is a power generating shoe insole for charging portable electronics while you walk."

The idea is that 2.5 miles would charge an iPhone, for example. It's ETA is not until late 2014, but I'm not intending to do a full Camino 'til summer 2015, so I hope I'll have it by then. It seems perfect for the Camino and great peace-of-mind for things that tend to run out of juice (I'm thinking smartphone here).

The project exceeded its Kickstarter goal by $10K...you can read more about it on the Kickstarter page (and the FAQs answer many obvious questions about how it works and various scenarios) or at the website.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum