• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new year- a new camino

DOver412

Time of past OR future Camino
2023- Camino Madrid, 2024- Camino Olvidado
Last year (2023), I walked the Camino Madrid, which I intended to be my one and only Camino. Yeah, well…

A new year, a new Camino.

I had intended to walk the Camino Olvidado as part of my Camino last year. I had it all planned. Then, I began walking. Long story short, What began as a journey to Santiago and, ultimately Muxia turned into a walk along the Via de la Plata backwards from Salemanca to Sevilla. I was not prepared for Santiago OR Muxia, spiritually. What I needed then I found during a month of walking the Pueblos Blancos of Andalusia.

So, this time I will go with a plan, fully aware that my plan may change somewhere along my walk. What I learned from my first Camino I will apply to this one. But, as with the first walk, I’ll remain open to possibilities. Last time, the Camino gave me exactly what I needed. I believe it will provide what I need now…
Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back