• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A walk in Lisbon -- Sat. Nov. 18

peregrina2000

Staff member
On the off chance that anyone will be in Lisbon this Saturday, the Via Lusitana has organized a walk that will leave from the Cathedral (Se) at 10:00 a.m. This is where the Caminho starts in Lisbon, and the walkers will weave through the city following the yellow arrows until arrival at the Parque das Nacoes, a great public space on the Tejo River, and the northern border of the city of Lisbon.

It's about an 8 km walk, will be done at a gentle pace, and will end with a lunch (which you'll have to pay for if interested). For further information, call 915 595 213

(The first 25 pictures or so of this bunch are all on the Camino in Lisbon-- I think it's a very nice walk, with a few of the bad and ugly parts Tom described in another post):
https://picasaweb.google.com/laurie.rey ... 72psbzYFw#

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you love walking through Lisboa wait until you reach Porto! From first sight at the entry over the bridge leading in there is something marvelous in Porto-far too much to see for a pilgrim but a short visit to the tourist office will set you right. Igreja Santa Clara is not hard to find often difficult to find open.

A little bit homesick for the camino. Did only small part of it last year, from Porto to Santiago. So I will certainly be at the Sé at 10.00 am coming saturday (sunday it will be). Not in the least because I also planned to walk from Lisbon to Alverca in a weekend and immediately got lost in Alfama and reached Parque das Naçoes along the waterside. Never got to Alverca. Lost the way again in Povoa de Santa Iria and decided to take the train and go home. Not bad for a person who is living in Portugal for more than 20 years :)
Once in my life I will walk the Frances.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Jose Luis,
I see that I had the day of the week wrong in my post -- it was SUNDAY, the 18th, not Sat. :oops: I hope I didn't cause problems for others who wanted to go, though I see that Susanna soon corrected me. The pictures are great, I remember the walk through the city well.

I hope to be back in Lisboa in April, and will let you know if the trip matrializes. Abracos to you, Natercia and Helena! And many thanks for what you guys are doing for the Caminho between Lisboa and Porto. Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back