• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accom in Santiago

JoyAnderson

Greeting Ivar,
I would like to book accommodation in Santiago for 29 and 30 July 2011. Does the Forum have an agent that can help? I do not want to go through TripAdvisor. I have tried to book direct with San Martin Pinario, no luck. Do you have a contact detail for Hostal Suso, Sylvia said they are very pleasant. What can you suggest?
At the end of 7 weeks on the Camino a bed with sheets and an en suite will be like heaven.
Regards, Joy

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Joy:

I stayed in the AC Palacios del Carmen. After 33 days of municipal hostels it was heaven. There is an ensuite bathroom with a tub.I booked it on Hotels.com and got the room for two days at less than US $150. A 5 star hotel about a half mile from the square and a lot cheeper than the Paradore at $250 Euro's per night.

There are also many other options for a lot less.

Buen Camino,
Joe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Joy. I liked the Hotel Avenida, just off the old town. Thirty something euros in the off-season, more in the peak. Bath, TV etc. Plain and quite old, but cleaned fanatically. Full brekky included.

All is matter of point of view.....

Arriving the first time in Santiago, the Seminario Menor seemed like heaven to me : single beds, private lockers, plenty of space around you and you could even stay in town till midnight !!!!!

But if one day I would be a lucky lottery winner, I guess, I would choose the Parador, I admit. (at least for one night)

HAVE A LOOK HERE http://www.turismogalicia.info/en
(it's in English)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello Joy

I have always stayed at the Suso when in SdC. When I stayed there in early May, I paid 20 euro for a single room, of which they only have one, and it is small. Once you and your backpack are in, there is not a lot of space left, but the sheets feel great and the en suite is adequate. The staff are good, and speak quite enough quite enough English for us linguistically challenged pilgrims to ring ahead and book a room

buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Greetings All
Fatima, Falcon, jpflavin1, robertt, Alan,
Thank you all for your prompt reply.
When I return I will give a feedback.
Regards, Joy

In addition to a common multiple bed alburgue setup, Seminario Menor also has private rooms available for an additional 5 euros per night. These sleep one person. They do not have an ensuite bathroom.

It may be necessary to inquire at the time of check in as this is not always presented as an option to those who are not aware of the existance of such. It provides a bit more privacy and quiet than a typical albergue while being an economic alternative to a hotel room.

FatmaG said:
All is matter of point of view.....
Arriving the first time in Santiago, the Seminario Menor seemed like heaven to me : single beds, private lockers, plenty of space around you and you could even stay in town till midnight !!!!!
But if one day I would be a lucky lottery winner, I guess, I would choose the Parador, I admit. (at least for one night)

True, this rings a bell as I stayed in Seminario Menor for one night last year. No requirement for credencial. I was told to stamp my own if I wished.
Joy, I am asuming you are on your own so private rooms appear/are expensive. Before you begin the journey you may be trying to plan the perfect finish. It may or may not happen. Would you not consider winging it? When you arrive you will be in a certain frame of mind. You may have others and you will make arrangements together. I think there will be many possibilities for you. Keep your wits about you and Santiago will take care of you.

Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for that falcon; must remember to write in notebook. However you know everything goes out the window when you arrive knackered at a destination!!!

You can book with Manuel (the Pilgrim Helper - see his advert). He is so central and gives a discount to pilgrims if you contact him via his website.

I stayed in the municipal albergue and got a single room for 15 euros - absolute heaven, and although it wasn't en suite, it did have a wash basin in the room.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We stayed in the Hostal Linares where we were very comfortable. It was nice and quiet being just out of the town centre.
You can check room rates etc on the website. We paid 45 euros a night for a double room (no breakfast) in low season, about average for Santiago. They also have single rooms.

Hostal Linares. Calle Algalia de Abajo 34, Telephone: +34 981 580 443 / Fax: +34 981 585 240
e-mail - linares@hostallinares.com

We had a coffee at the Hostal Suso and it seemed to be very noisy round about.

Most read last week in this forum

One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
And another attempt looms, to buy a decent Poncho after trying and failing in the previous two likely towns. Anyone know where an Altos or similar might be bought in Leon, please? 😁

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back