• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Presedo/Bruma

Wandering Taff

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2024
Hi everyone,

Planning for our first Camino is going well, we've booked flights, most of the accommodation to suit our Camino but I'm getting a little stuck when it comes to Presedo. As most of you will know accommodation is limited there, so I'm looking for a few opinions on how to proceed. Do we get to Presedo and then get a taxi to a place with more accommodation and then taxi back the next day? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on where is a suitable place? Also as Bruma seems to be the busiest place because that's where 2 Caminos meet, is it beet to do similar and taxi back and forth to the start point.

Are there plenty of reliable taxis that will offer this service without rinsing us for every penny?

Thanks in advance,

Taff

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In 2022 I stayed at Rectoral de Cines. It's a very nice place (not the cheapest though). It is located some 6-8 kms off the Camino, but they offer to pick you up for free in Presedo and return you the next morning. You can book directly on their website.

Buen Camino!

I can't help with Presedo however with regards to Bruma, you can book online at the private Albergue (they also have a couple of private rooms). Alternatively the hotel nearby at O Meson do Vento is very good I'm told, (both accommodation and restaurant), plus there's a pension. It's only around one and a half kilometres from Bruma and you can walk directly there and then directly out to the Camino the next day, you don't have to physically go through Bruma.

Edited to add: the taxi services in Spain are generally excellent and I've never heard of anybody being ripped off. It's not to say it cannot happen however it would in my opinion be unlikely. (It's a massive generalization however my personal opinion and experience of Spain is that it is very safe and the people extremely trustworthy)

Taxis are also moderately cheap, I think one euro and five cents per kilometre (or thereabouts). Some journeys - for example from Santiago out to the airport - have fixed fees.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In 2022 I stayed at Rectoral de Cines. It's a very nice place (not the cheapest though). It is located some 6-8 kms off the Camino, but they offer to pick you up for free in Presedo and return you the next morning. You can book directly on their website.

Buen Camino!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there was no availability for the dates we needed.

I can't help with Presedo however with regards to Bruma, you can book online at the private Albergue (they also have a couple of private rooms). Alternatively the hotel nearby at O Meson do Vento is very good I'm told, (both accommodation and restaurant), plus there's a pension. It's only around one and a half kilometres from Bruma and you can walk directly there and then directly out to the Camino the next day, you don't have to physically go through Bruma.

Edited to add: the taxi services in Spain are generally excellent and I've never heard of anybody being ripped off. It's not to say it cannot happen however it would in my opinion be unlikely. (It's a massive generalization however my personal opinion and experience of Spain is that it is very safe and the people extremely trustworthy)

Taxis are also moderately cheap, I think one euro and five cents per kilometre (or thereabouts). Some journeys - for example from Santiago out to the airport - have fixed fees.
Thanks Peter. I tried the Albergue site but there were no private rooms available (a condition my wife insisted on haha) But I did manage to book 2 nights at the Hotel Barreiro. We'll walk to Presedo and get a taxi to the hotel and then another the next morning.

My own experience of Spain has been great and everyone we've met has been genuine and trustworthy, I don't know why I even asked the question...Thanks again for your reply, this is getting real now and I'm very excited if a little nervous about the planning.

You're welcome. I really loved the Inglès, a little more tarmac than I was expecting however the majority was on very quiet back roads. Whilst there may not be a cafe every five kilometers, there are plenty of cafes etc along the way, it's well supported with infrastructure and an excellent first Camino. Enjoy!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2017 I stayed in Betanzos for two nights at Hotel Garelos. The route has changed now, but from Betanzos I walked to Casa Julia and ate lunch, then got a taxi back to Betanzos. The next morning, the same taxi came and picked me up and brought me back to Casa Julia, where I kept walking to Mesón do Vento.

You could pick a similar mid-point between Betanzos and Bruma/Mesón do Vento, and have a taxi take you back and forth over two days.

Hotel Garelos was wonderful by the way, and it was nice to just walk with a lighter pack (instead of my full pack) from Betanzos to Casa Julia!

In 2017 I stayed in Betanzos for two nights at Hotel Garelos. The route has changed now, but from Betanzos I walked to Casa Julia and ate lunch, then got a taxi back to Betanzos. The next morning, the same taxi came and picked me up and brought me back to Casa Julia, where I kept walking to Mesón do Vento.

You could pick a similar mid-point between Betanzos and Bruma/Mesón do Vento, and have a taxi take you back and forth over two days.

Hotel Garelos was wonderful by the way, and it was nice to just walk with a lighter pack (instead of my full pack) from Betanzos to Casa Julia!
Thanks for the reply Nate, I read somewhere here today exactly the same thing, it may have been you replying to a different thread. Anyway I have already checked that hotel and they didn't have room on the dates I needed. I've already booked somewhere in Bruma now so we';; walk to Presedo (or somewhere close) and then taxi ahead to the hotel and then taxi back again in the morning and walk back to the hotel.

Thanks for the reply Nate, I read somewhere here today exactly the same thing, it may have been you replying to a different thread. Anyway I have already checked that hotel and they didn't have room on the dates I needed. I've already booked somewhere in Bruma now so we';; walk to Presedo (or somewhere close) and then taxi ahead to the hotel and then taxi back again in the morning and walk back to the hotel.

Haha, that probably was me, as I remember posting about it recently. :)

Taxiing ahead is a great idea, too!

Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Is a bad idea to go to Betanzos from A Coruna instead of Sergude? Does anybody did this? Could be a valid option? Thank you for your opinions or advice

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back