A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Accommodation in September

I'm planning to spend the second half of September walking the Camino Portugues. Do I need to book accommodation in advance or will it be OK just to turn up and look for a hotel/hostal?

Hello Ann.

You will not have any problem to sleep when you arrive to towns. Albergues in Spain, any albergues in Portugal too, and usually you will have no problems to find a room in any hostal, it's not difficult in late september.

Buen Camino de los Trovadores

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.
Hello Anne,

I just came back from walking part of the Camino Portugues this month. One dofference I saw is that, while there are many places to choose from when looking for accomodations, it's not as many as on the Camino Frances. My companions and I didn't stay in the albergues, though.

But there seem to be less traffic on the Camino Portugues than on the Frances, so you might not encounter that much competition for accomodations along the way.

I hope you are able to walk the Camino Portugues in September. It's a quieter route, and walking through vineyards is definitely a nice bonus :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 59 17.5%
  • May

Votes: 83 24.6%
  • June