Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Accommodation in September

I'm planning to spend the second half of September walking the Camino Portugues. Do I need to book accommodation in advance or will it be OK just to turn up and look for a hotel/hostal?

Ann

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Hello Ann.

You will not have any problem to sleep when you arrive to towns. Albergues in Spain, any albergues in Portugal too, and usually you will have no problems to find a room in any hostal, it's not difficult in late september.

Buen Camino de los Trovadores

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Hello Anne,

I just came back from walking part of the Camino Portugues this month. One dofference I saw is that, while there are many places to choose from when looking for accomodations, it's not as many as on the Camino Frances. My companions and I didn't stay in the albergues, though.

But there seem to be less traffic on the Camino Portugues than on the Frances, so you might not encounter that much competition for accomodations along the way.

I hope you are able to walk the Camino Portugues in September. It's a quieter route, and walking through vineyards is definitely a nice bonus :)

PW

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings