Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Accommodation near Lisbon Cathedral

Rossco

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015, Camino Portugues 2017, Camino Finisterre 2017, Le Puy Route (Sept. 2018)
Hi all. I am starting from Lisbon at the end of March and I understand that I can obtain my Pilgrim's Passport from the Cathedral. Can anyone recommend accommodation near the Cathedral. I assume this is where the Camino begins. Any advice appreciated.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Rossco,
Welcome to the forum! One favorite pilgrim place near the cathedral is the Pensao da Prata, http://www.pensaoprata.net/v1/.

This is an inexpensive, clean, family run place.

And yes, the camino begins right at the Cathedral. STanding looking at the main cathedral door, turn your head to the right, look down, and you will see the first arrow. I really like the Camino walk through Lisbon, it takes you through the Alfama, past the old port, past the Tile Museum, and through the Parque das Nacoes, a great riverside park built years ago for the Expo. Bom caminho, Laurie

Rossco

Camino Frances 2015, Camino Portugues 2017, Camino Finisterre 2017, Le Puy Route (Sept. 2018)
Hi, Rossco,
Welcome to the forum! One favorite pilgrim place near the cathedral is the Pensao da Prata, http://www.pensaoprata.net/v1/.

This is an inexpensive, clean, family run place.

And yes, the camino begins right at the Cathedral. STanding looking at the main cathedral door, turn your head to the right, look down, and you will see the first arrow. I really like the Camino walk through Lisbon, it takes you through the Alfama, past the old port, past the Tile Museum, and through the Parque das Nacoes, a great riverside park built years ago for the Expo. Bom caminho, Laurie
Thanks Laurie

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
My wife and I stayed at an AIRBNB appartment ,only 50 meters away from the Sé cathedral. From the balcony we could see the entrance.
Very conveniant appartment , bakeryshop 30 meters away, lots of restaurants and bars around just in the middle of the Alfama area. We loved it .
Bom caminho

Last edited:

peregrina2000

Staff member
And I forgot to add -- don't miss the chance to have a delicious home made pastel de nata across the street (diagonally) here:

(This is a tip from AMsimoes)

Paço Real (Rua da Conceição, 55-57) in front of Pensão Prata.
The owner (Carlos) is a friend of pilgrims and stamp the pilgrim credentials.

I've seen the stamp and it is the typical "lisbon fish symbol" -- very simple and quite nice!

https://www.zomato.com/pt/grande-lisboa/paço-real-baixa-lisboa

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Delta 43

Daniel
May 8, 2017
And I forgot to add -- don't miss the chance to have a delicious home made pastel de nata across the street (diagonally) here:

(This is a tip from AMsimoes)

Paço Real (Rua da Conceição, 55-57) in front of Pensão Prata.
The owner (Carlos) is a friend of pilgrims and stamp the pilgrim credentials.

I've seen the stamp and it is the typical "lisbon fish symbol" -- very simple and quite nice!

https://www.zomato.com/pt/grande-lisboa/paço-real-baixa-lisboa

I myself being Portuguese am very well aware of how AMAZING the pastel de nata are (especially when they are slightly warm)! Thanks for the tip.

Delta 43

Daniel
May 8, 2017
How about staying at a hostel for more than one night, how is that perceived? Will that upset the host? Do you have to pack up and get out for cleaning and then return to claim a bed again?

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
How about staying at a hostel for more than one night, how is that perceived? Will that upset the host? Do you have to pack up and get out for cleaning and then return to claim a bed again?
No !
As long as it is no albergue de peregrinos, there will be no problem. At hostals you can stay as long as you want to.

Bom caminho

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Portugal route from Lisbon in May (2015)
Via de la Plata from Seville in April-May 2017
I stayed at a couple of hostels in the central area. Nothing in the Baixa-Chiado area is far from the Cathedral. Lisbon Lounge was very good. They had a hot breakfast. Being the end of my month long walk, I remarked to other people at the table that I literally could not remember the last time I had a hot breakfast! It was heaven. Goodnight Hostel - lumpy bed - cold breakfast. I spoke with a couple of people who stayed at Home Hostel - it seemed good.

Rose Rubino

Frances 2016, Portuguese from Lisbon 2017, May 2018 Norte, VDLP 2020
My wife and I stayed at an AIRBNB appartment ,only 50 meters away from the Sé cathedral. From the balcony we could see the entrance.
Very conveniant appartment , bakeryshop 30 meters away, lots of restaurants and bars around just in the middle of the Alfama area. We loved it .
Bom caminho
Which was the airbnb apartment, in what year and how much did you pay?

luvtraveling

Thanks! Let me know how the accommodations are once your there.
Daniel,
I forgot to let you know how the Large da September Guesthouse was. My very nice room faced the church across the street. The bathrooms were all very clean and nice, plenty of hot water. Breakfast was the usual, pastries, meat, cheese, bread, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Everyone was very nice, even offered to store things for me until I returned after finishing my camino. I would definitely stay there again. In fact, I tried, but they were full.

Denise

Renascer

Daniel,
I forgot to let you know how the Large da September Guesthouse was. My very nice room faced the church across the street. The bathrooms were all very clean and nice, plenty of hot water. Breakfast was the usual, pastries, meat, cheese, bread, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Everyone was very nice, even offered to store things for me until I returned after finishing my camino. I would definitely stay there again. In fact, I tried, but they were full.

Denise
Did you mean Largo da Sé here? I am researching but don't find that place.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances