• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

advance booking of Orisson in early April?

Arctic_Alex

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019
CPrim 2023
As I will aririve in SJPdP mid-day April 3, I do not know if the Napoleon route will be open already.
But now I wonder if it is advisable to still try to book Orisson in advance? If the route is open I guess Orisson would be a good option for me. But would it be crowded there right from the start?

As a total CF-newbie I have no idea whatsoever about what numbers to expect and how complicated accommodation can be if you decide it all on short notice ;-)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Orisson generally fills up in advance, but you never know! If you want a shorter walk on Day 1, definitely book ahead for that night. Please note that the Napoleon Route may not be open on April 3 if the weather is bad.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It's about 3 hours from St Jean , stayed in 2016 very good if you decide to stay I would book to make sure you get a bed. If you decide to walk on to Roncesvalles make sure you get some food for your day walk from St Jean . I myself start on the 11th of April, just enjoy and soak it up like a sponge .Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have heard that Orisson isn't making firm reservations for the beginning of April, but are suggesting that you phone them a few days ahead. This is second hand information though, so I would email them.

Thank you all for sharing your experience and what you have heard
So I will meditate a bit on how I will want to start (one night in SJPdP first and then on for a longer stretch, or do the short bit to Orisson on the first remaining half day).

Most read last week in this forum