• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking Orisson

Anitra

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking for advice.
I've tried booking into Orisson for a date in mid-May but am having no luck getting a response to either their web page booking service, or an email.
I do understand that they are currently closed, but wondering whether anyone is doing their booking admin.
I'm only anxious because I've already missed out on Albergue Borda, who are booked out for my date.
Does anyone here have contact with the Orisson staff?
Many thanks for any assistance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Part of the issue is that they are on Route Napoleon and that stays closed sometimes even into first week of May so they will not take any reservations prior to those dates

So if I understand that thread, they aren't considering any booking requests until 10 April?
Perhaps you can post the question on that thread, quoting the post that said this. (I glanced through the thread and didn't see it, but I'm sure it is there. :D )

Are you trying to reserve for a date before April 10? As @cwbuff mentions, the route is closed until at least April 1, so they might not find it worthwhile to until further into the month, to be more confident.

Perhaps you can post the question on that thread, quoting the post that said this. (I glanced through the thread and didn't see it, but I'm sure it is there. :D )

Are you trying to reserve for a date before April 10? As @cwbuff mentions, the route is closed until at least April 1, so they might not find it worthwhile to until further into the month, to be more confident.
Trying to book for 19 May. But having read the other thread more comprehensively, I'm thinking that patience is my answer!
Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Looking for advice.
I've tried booking into Orisson for a date in mid-May but am having no luck getting a response to either their web page booking service, or an email.
I do understand that they are currently closed, but wondering whether anyone is doing their booking admin.
I'm only anxious because I've already missed out on Albergue Borda, who are booked out for my date.
I just booked my date last week for Orrison in April. It took 4-5 days to receive the reply email from them. I hope this information helps.
Buen Camino, Tammy

Looking for advice.
My understanding is that you can't book Orisson in advance as it is a pilgrim only albergue. Sounds like it is first come first served. If they do take reservations it might be limited to 48 hours in advance.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Orisson takes reservations but it may be too early in the season to make them, in my opinion.
I'd go ahead and keep trying, but they are known for responding slowly
You might also try booking Borda, which for me, is a nicer option.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My understanding is that you can't book Orisson in advance as it is a pilgrim only albergue. Sounds like it is first come first served. If they do take reservations it might be limited to 48 hours in advance.

Oh wow. I guess that's old information. Thanks. I suppose I'd better book then asap.
Not old information - it was never true!
Maybe you got it confused with another place.

Looking for advice.
Try this email as they responded to me a week or so ago. May be the one you already have.
reservations@refuge-orisson.com

Looking for advice.
Check your Junk folder, I found my response from them there… usually you will receive something within a week or two

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Trying to book for 19 May. But having read the other thread more comprehensively, I'm thinking that patience is my answer!
Thanks.
Looking for advice.
I have made a reservation through Orisson website for stay on 19 May. I sent reservation request on 13 Dec and got the response to complete deposit payment on 21 Dec. Just for your reference.

Carson

Plenty of threads in this forum deal with the fact that Orisson has its own pace and understanding of dealing with reservations, keep on trying and be patient. (The Albergue is Reservation only, btw)

OTOH, Express Bourricot runs a shuttle to Orisson – and beyond; what would stop you from using it for those really steep and tough 8 km, just a tiny fraction of the total distance to SdC. (The start in SJPdP remains evidenced in your credencial.)
If you consider this as "cheating" (lol 🙄):
Walk up and then return to SJPdP with the shuttle that takes you back to Orisson the next day, to continue. (lol 🙄again)

Why lol? Because
1. The Compostela-issuing pilgrim office in SdC would not care either way, the only condition is that you entirely walk the distance from Sarria to SdC
2. the essence of the Camino is the spiritual journey and not a duty to tick off kilometers.)
Unnecessary drama IMHO!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Looking for advice.

Orisson is a private establishment. Bookings only.
@Anitra, no you can book months ahead. They took my booking for April 🙂

Looking for advice.
I contacted them about a day right after they open in mid-April and they got back to me after several days with a confirmation.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Looking for advice.
I requested booking on Orisson website on 12th December for 1 night stay 16th April 2023. I received email and payment request 20th december. Invoice was issued at time. Buen camino.

Looking for advice.
We are walking mid April, I sent in our Orrisson request... 3 weeks ago, after the panic of realizing Borda already full. I just received our Orrisson confirmation yesterday.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
No. It is not a traditional albergue. Private accommodation with shared rooms and communal meal. Reservations are absolutely necessary due to limited .....very limited accommodation options for those wanting to break up the Napoleon route into 2 days. Plan B for a great many who can't get a be is to taxi back to SJPP, then taxi again to Orrison in the morning to carry on.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Looking for advice.
Not uncommon in winter, they will get back to you eventually.

I just saw that Orisson have revamped their website. Also, they have now a Chalet 1 and a Chalet 2 on offer: each of them for 2 persons only.

Also, there is now a calendar where you can see which dates are fully booked and you can now either pay with PayPal or by credit card!

Also, you get a reservation code and can log in and review your booking.

Our threads about booking Orisson will never be the same again … 😂

Anyone booked recently …?

PS: Here’s what their booking calendar for April 2023 looks like at the time of writing:

341AE4AE-0225-4CD7-BE4B-3A55E948D8E5.jpeg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We booked Orisson on line last week for 17 April and originally were told there was no more room and then they told us there was. I think the website has some teething problems. It’s not straight forward.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back