• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue availability en route to Finisterre?

ladyleah6

Hola!
I'm currently on day 29 of my Camino, two days from Santiago (what a journey!) and am quite keen to go on to Finisterre. I was talking to an Italian pilgrim who has walked there previously. He seemed to think that because there were few albergues on the route and because they had so few beds each and because this year is a holy year, that I will struggle to find a place to sleep each night.

Just interested if anyone has walked there in the last few months and what there experience has been with finding albergues.

Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, I arrived into Finisterre yesterday (well worth the walk, I assure you). I stayed in the municipal albergues at Negreira and Olveiroa along the way. I am staying at a private albergue here in Finisterre.

The albergue at Negriera had only 20 places and NO MORE. I arrived there a little after 1:30pm when it opened and easily got a bed, however it filled up within a few hours. There are at least two private albergues and cheap hotels/hostels in town though, so I don't think you would struggle to fine somewhere to rest your head.

At Olveiroa, the albergue had about 28 beds- I arrived there about 4pm and got one of the last ones. There was one or two hotels nearby. Also, the albergue had quite spacious dining and recreation areas and I think the hospitalero would have been open to pilrgims sleeping on the floor there.

Finisterre seems to have adequate accommodation. I didn't try the municipal albergue when I arrived here at about 5pm, because I wanted to stay two nights. There are at least two private albergues here and numerous pensions, hostels, hotels...

Anyway, can't tell you about the places in between as I didn't stay at any. I noticed that Cée and Corcubion seemed to have a range of private accommodation and an albergue each, so I think it would be easy to stay there.

Buen Camino

Hi All,

In case anyone is interested in an alternative to the above, I stayed in 3 different auberges during my walk from Santiago to Finisterre in July (many km so not for everyone):

Santiago-Vilaserio 36 km
July 23 Night 1 Vilaserio Schoolhouse. Village bar with auberge will discourge you "oh, it's awful!" but stayed there and it was fine - very basic but doable. No hospitalero, thin mats to sleep on but a hot shower! E0,- When arrived a young Brazilian woman was there and later a group of 8 German bikers otherwise place to ourselves. No stores but can get something to drink and eat at the village bar.

Vilaserio-Corcubión 42 km (long day today but this allowed me to have a whole day enjoying Finisterre)
July 24 Night 2 Cocurbión Donativo San Roque (Communal dinner/wine+breakfast). Opens at 4 p.m. Long uphill walk to the auberge (above the town of Cée).Thought would never find it as it is actually on way out of town. Spanish hospitalero Simon said that few stop there as most continue on to Finisterre. Enjoyed opportunity to make last communal meal together. Large garden/grassy area as well as washing outside, small room with bunkbeds. Only about 15 of us there that night.

Corcubión-Finisterre 12 km
July 25 Night 3 Finisterre Provisional Municipal Auberge in Port E5,- (and for those interested they give out own "compostela"(for those walking from Santiago-Finisterre). Bunkbeds, no kitchen facilities, showers outside in porto cabins but bathroom/toilets inside. Sheets/pillow case included.
Nice short walk, arrived at 8 a.m. (as auberge was still open the hospitalero let me leave my packpack till it opened at 1 p.m.). Had the whole day to relax, enjoy the beach, walk up to the Faro and digest the fact that my Camino had come to a close.
Don't forget to take a picture of the 0,00 km waymarker up at the Faro and experience the moonrise and sunset!

Cheers,
LT

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Brother going next week SDC to Finisterre, can only remember one short hill climb of any consequence cannot remember location ???

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back