Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue In Muros De Nalon

maxsdyke

Time of past OR future Camino
Early Summer
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de Nalon and found one that is the Falis Albergue. I have tried to call them, but they haven't picked up and I was wondering if anyone had other recommendations for the area. Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have tried to call them, but they haven't picked up
Google says they are temporarily closed, which would explain why they don’t appear on Gronze.
IMG_1839.png

I stayed in Casa Carmina and liked it very much. This was the place one of the grandmothers in the family had had a store. There was some Cuban connection, though I can’t remember what it was, but I do remember that they had some Cuban recipes on the menu. @El Cascayal, have you stayed there?

The great thing about staying in Muros de NalĂłn is that it is easy to take an afternoon bus to visit Cudillero, a really beautiful (if touristy) little former fishing village turned tourist magnet.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Google says they are temporarily closed, which would explain why they don’t appear on Gronze.
View attachment 171231

I stayed in Casa Carmina and liked it very much. This was the place one of the grandmothers in the family had had a store. There was some Cuban connection, though I can’t remember what it was, but I do remember that they had some Cuban recipes on the menu. @El Cascayal, have you stayed there?

The great thing about staying in Muros de NalĂłn is that it is easy to take an afternoon bus to visit Cudillero, a really beautiful (if touristy) little former fishing village turned tourist magnet.
View attachment 171231

I agree. Casa de Carmina is a great albergue. Very nice people. I was there twice. In 2018, I detoured a couple kilometers off the Camino to see Cudillero. It’s so pretty. It’s down a VERY steep road to get to the harbor area. I taxied back up to reconnect with the Camino. In 2019, I did the same, but splurged on a hotel room down at the harbor and stayed overnight. Either way, Cudillero is worth a visit, especially if it’s a sunny day. Those who live there must have legs of STEEL!

I stayed at Casa Carmina in 2022. Nice people. Good food. Nice facilities. But they wanted you to give a 5€ deposit for a key to a locker. The staff did not start work until 8 am. Since there were some early risers in the albergue I left before 8am and did not get my deposit back. Not the worst thing in the world. But I didn’t really need the locker.

I also had a great stay at Fali’s in 2019. I hope they re-open.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
View attachment 171231

Great, I am walking there in July and planned to stay there. Good to hear!

View attachment 171231

Awesome, thank you so much for the information!!

Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de Nalon and found one that is the Falis Albergue. I have tried to call them, but they haven't picked up and I was wondering if anyone had other recommendations for the area. Thank you!
I am in Muros de Nalòn now and staying at Camino de la Costa Albergue. They don't take bookings and definitely no english but I had no trouble getting a bed and others here too. Make sure you arrive b4 2pm.
The one you were trying to contact are closed temporarily. I passed Casa Camina you may like to try them
Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
In late April 2023 we took the bus to Cudillero for a large part of the day, then walked from there to Soto de Luna and stayed at Hostal Paulina where we had a reservation. The side trip to Cudillero was one of the highlights of this half of the Norte for me.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Fali’s is closed.

Ok, this is odd because I just called Fali’s and spoke with Michael Ginter to book a bed for tomorrow night. As have a couple of other pilgrims…

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Very interesting. I wonder if Rafael sold it or is letting it out to Michael. In either case I will get in touch with them and update the app!
Yeah, very weird. This is the response I got from Raphael on 30 January: "Hi David! I think my albergue will stay closed this year! Greetings Raphael." Still, would be great to have it open again.

So I have the scoop. Rafael has rented the albergue to Michael from Germany. It reopened on the 1st of June and closes the 11th of October this year. 18€.

Everything else remains the same, including a donativo group dinner.

I’ll report back on tomorrow night’s experience. Excitingly, the dinner seems to be barbeque!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’ll report back on tomorrow night’s experience. Excitingly, the dinner seems to be barbeque!

Reporting back as promised. Raphael is actually here for a few days to show Michael the ropes, and helped him with the barbecue dinner last night. I don’t eat a lot of meat, but it was all very good. As well as barbecued meats, there was a nice salad, a grilled cheese, and baked potatoes.

You’re asked whether you want to join in on the communal dinner when you check in - 10€ plus 2 for wine if you wanted it.

Ad hoc beers etc on a 1€ per item basis using the donation box.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I am a seasoned pilgrim but I will be walking my first leg of the Northern Route in early July. I am walking alone for the first time and so I was hoping to be more spontaneous about my...
Am on the Norte rn, looking to walk into SdC the morning on Sun 23 Jun. I have read of a way of avoiding joining the Frances till SdC’s airport perimeter, but I can’t easily find any directions or...
This may seem bizarre but due to flights we are only walking from Gernika to San Sebastián - so doing the route backwards!! Had a look at Mapy.cz. - any other suggestions to help us guide...
Hi everybody! My and my friend would like to hike about 5-7 days in the camino del Norte! Does anybody have any sugestions on where to start and finish? We are planning on hikeing in the beginning...
Hello :), This year, I only have one week of vacation (6 to 7 walking days), but I still wanted to walk a bit of the camino. I'm flying to and from Santander. Now I'm hesitating between walking...
I just wanted to share in case it reaches anyone who needs it: Albergue Tu Camino in OntĂłn is closed at the moment (11 June), confirmed by the hospitalera by text. The uncertainty about it caused...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.