Albergue open in february?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
Time of past OR future Camino
This is your most reliable resource https://www.gronze.com/via-plata for the opening hours and periods and the facilities available at all available pilgrim oriented accommodation.

Otherwise you will need to be a little more specific as to which Albergues on which stages of the Camino de Plata

Reactions: domigee
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Mar 6, 2010
The Netherlands
In wintertime, December through March, your resource of choice is
www.aprinca.com/alberguesinvierno/ . Updated daily.

Unless you are walking the Vía de la Plata ;)

I did the Plata in February a few years ago and never had a problem finding an albergue or alternative. The one in Castilblanco de los Arroyos is closed but Albergue de la Luz should be open.

Situation can change from year to year so if in doubt call.

Ultreia!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Via2010

Jul 5, 2018
Eifel, near Cologne
Time of past OR future Camino
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
@ LT Fit:
You can see from his/hers Avatar, that the plan is to walk the Via de la Plata.
The question is in the correct thread, but some of the answers are not.

@ Thiagosantiago:

The Via de la Plata is a rather popular winter camino. Besides that there are not that big differences in pilgrims numbers as you have on the CF comparing december/january to july/august. So on the Via de la Plata most albergues are available the whole year, whereas on the CF they have lots of additional accomodation in summer. Only difference on the VdP is that the hospitaleros are not waiting there for you. You have to phone and/or to collect the keys.

Best you check availability with Gronze and Eroski. If one of them says that the albergue is closed, check alternatives. Or try to get some additional Information from the local association when you start in Seville.

BC
Alexandra

Reactions: OzAnnie

Most read last week in this forum

My first walking day will be on Tuesday, but because I am now still in the possession of my laptop I thought it would be handy to start this thread already. I landed on Asturias airport on...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides