• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues on Camino Portugues by the coast

quotidiana

Hi everyone,

there is a list of albergues I got in Caminha - I did not spend a night in any of them, so I cannot tell you if the information is correct (once I slept in woods close to Fao - as I did not know, that there is an albergue, then in Motorest Postilhao close to Viana do Castelo - I got a pilgrim discount - so it was for 28 Eur...)

Pousada daJuventude do Porto
R. de Paulo da Gama 551
4169 Porto
tel 226 177 247?
porto@movijovem.pt

Apoios de Peregrinos
Macieira da Maia
Rua de S.Salvador
Vila do Conde
252 661 282 or 252 661 671

Pousada da Juventude Foz do Cávado
Alameda do Bom Jesus
Fao
253 981 790
fozcavado@movijovem.pt

Albergue/refugio
Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa
Delgacao de Marinhas
Av S Sebastiao
tel 253 964 720
adm@cvpmarinhas.org

Pousada da Juventude de Viana do Castelo
Rua de Limia
Viana do Castelo?
tel 253 838 458
vianacastelo@movijovem.pt

Pousada da Juventude - Navio Gil Eannes
Doca Comercial
Viana do Castelo
tel 258 847 169
naviogileannes@movijovem.pt

Pousada da Juventude de Vila Nova de Cerveira
EN 13
tel 251 796 113
cerveira@movijovem.pt

Albergue S. Teotónio
Valenca do Minho
tel. 918 234 938 or 918 234 262
nmuseologico@cm-valenca.pt

http://microsites.juventude.gov.pt/Port ... dasRegiao/

I walked from Povoa de Varzim do Viana do Castelo without meeting any sign of "albergue" - thus it would be worth to call or write them to give you better information /location.

In Spain - there are many albergues run by Xacobeo (http://www.xacobeo.es) - very easy to find.
There is a new albergue in Caldas de Reis (just behind the old bridge). In all materials I got it was written that you have to find a hostel there (for ex. Lotus is for 25 eur - single room, keys in caffe over the street :))
when I was in albergue in Briallos (the one which is recommended to use to avoid night in Caldas), the lady running the albergue was not very happy with pilgrims being there (she tried to persuede us to go to Caldas), more over there was not a shop nor restaurant (one was closed and the second was closed because the owner died - so if you plan to stay there, do your shopping in Pontevedra :))

some pictures from my journey just to give you an inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9AgO0qa3JU

PS - In case you are worried about setting up on the road. Dont be :) I am a woman, walked alone (survived - including one night sleeping alone in woods without tent - but this do not take as a recommendation .-)) and as I weight 50 kg my backapack was definitely over recommended 10-15% body weight and I did it without any pain. The art is not only in having as less as possible, but also in wearing your back pack in the correct way, having it adjusted to your body (dont be afraid to ask for help in a shop... I saw many people who wore it in very back-destructive way...) and there is also some "art" of packing your stuff inside your back-pack

so Bom Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And I forgot - If staying in Albergue Teo (14 km to Santiago) - there are 2 bars (aprox 500m and 1km from albergue - I ate in the further one and it was fantastic :)) and the shop is about 2 km form albergue (behind the bars), closed from 14 to 17 and not very well supplied... however, it is in O Seve (the camino goes through the village, but then it turns left, just few meters from roundabout - if you went there and turned right, you could find a shop and later the restaurant). Or you can follow the main road from albergue :)

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back