• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Allmost leaving....

MarcelWals

Walking a Camino = a way of living...
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances,Portugues,Finisterre-Muxia,Ingles,Primitiv
Hi all,

Packed! Checked again....Questions..... Do I have all stuff I needed? What will be the weather in october? Do I have the right equipments? All these questions making me 'healthy nervous' and smiling also. It feels good. I am excited to go. Unfortunately I'm doing the Camino light. From Sarria till Santiago (or further). But I allready know they will see me again ;)
I will land on the 10th of October in Santiago. Take a bus or drive with others to Lugo/Sarria. It will be ok to get there,somehow.Start the next day. My intention to walk is a good one.
Hopefully/probably we will meet somewhere.
I will keep you updated by stories/feelings/pics.

Thnx for all the advice I read here on these forums. Great help!

Marcel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buren
Hi all,

Packed! Checked again....Questions..... Do I have all stuff I needed? What will be the weather in october? Do I have the right equipments? All these questions making me 'healthy nervous' and smiling also. It feels good. I am excited to go. Unfortunately I'm doing the Camino light. From Sarria till Santiago (or further). But I allready know they will see me again ;)
I will land on the 10th of October in Santiago. Take a bus or drive with others to Lugo/Sarria. It will be ok to get there,somehow.Start the next day. My intention to walk is a good one.
Hopefully/probably we will meet somewhere.
I will keep you updated by stories/feelings/pics.

Thnx for all the advice I read here on these forums. Great help!

Marcel[/Q

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Marcel,

I believe you are ready and will have a wonderful time.

I wish you a Buen Camino!

Mike

Buen Camino! Iwalked from Porto to Santiago and just arrived home last wednesday and I miss the Camino.
Have a very good Camino! But that is easy, it Will be nice!

Yellowfriend,

Did we meet on the Camino? Perhaps I was just ahead of you. I walked in to Santiago (from Porto) on Friday September 23rd and got home Monday September 26th just two days before you.

I hope you had a great Camino.

Mike

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yellowfriend,

Did we meet on the Camino? Perhaps I was just ahead of you. I walked in to Santiago (from Porto) on Friday September 23rd and got home Monday September 26th just two days before you.

I hope you had a great Camino.

Mike
I started sept 7 nearby Porto and sept 21 I arrived in Santiago . After that my husband came from Holland and we stayed in Lires till last wednesday and walked from Lires to Fisterra and Muxia. Muxia was so nice, Fisterra less nice. I don't think we have met. I was in Porte de Lima when the festival was there sept 11 and 12. In Pontevedra sept. 17 and 18. I had 2 restdays which I wouldn't recommand because you leave people behind who you see now and then on the Camino. I liked Portugal more that Spain and you?

I started sept 7 nearby Porto and sept 21 I arrived in Santiago . After that my husband came from Holland and we stayed in Lires till last wednesday and walked from Lires to Fisterra and Muxia. Muxia was so nice, Fisterra less nice. I don't think we have met. I was in Porte de Lima when the festival was there sept 11 and 12. In Pontevedra sept. 17 and 18. I had 2 restdays which I wouldn't recommand because you leave people behind who you see now and then on the Camino. I liked Portugal more that Spain and you?

I couldn't agree more. The Portuguese fiesta in Freixo on September 17th was a highlight for me! I spent Sept 12-13 in Porto hospital and everything is great now but that is another story!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Have a great Camino, which I am sure you will,,,!

Buen Camino!

Enjoy your Camino. I took my time finishing in 37 days, that included two rest days. Still I wish I'd went slower. It is such a life changing experience. It will be hard at times...times you'll wish you didn't have to walk another step. The beauty will pull you forward. Take time to talk, share stories, make friends. When it's over you'll miss it....you'll feel the pull to return. But none will ever be like the first.
Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino Marcel!

Sounds like you have the pre-Camino mix of nerves and excitement with all the usual questions swirling around your head. No worries - that first step on the Way and you'll be living the questions into your very own answers.

Looking forward to your updates and insights.

Go well, Pilgrim.

Buen Camino, @MarcelWals. I'm presently on the last part of Via Podiensis averaging 16kms a day. I'll probably arrive in SJPDP on Friday, 7 October & leave for Spain the following day. Given my present snail's pace, you'll probably overtake me quite soon into your Camino.
Enjoy.
Suzanne :)

[QUOTE Given my present snail's pace, you'll probably overtake me quite soon :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Suzanne,
I'll think you're doing it the right way by taking your time. That's my idea also. Hopefully it gived you what you needed. Take care, SMJ6

Marcel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back