• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An April Fool

fe00312

Hi All,

It's great to find a forum like this -- So helpful in planning my first Camino. I will travel to St. Jean PdP on March 31st and setting out on April 1st (April Fools Day, which I sometimes find appropriate considering...)

First, I hope to get in contact with any others who might be leaving that day (I hear the first 25km stretch to Roncevalles is one of the most difficult on the whole route) as it might be nice not to start alone.

Second, I am wondering if anyone is interested in sharing transportation from Biarritz on March 31st. It looks like it's not too difficult to get a bus to Bayonne and catch the train from there, but then, I live in Belgium now and have observed too frequently the French propensity to have rail strikes and don't want to get stuck.

Anyway, nice to "meet" all of you -- thanks to past and future posters for all the great info -- and hope to see some of you out on the camino.

John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi John, there are a fair few "April Fools" listed on the Calendar, including me. So I guess none of us will be on our own unless we want to be. Personally I'll most likely take the lower route via Valcarlos and split that first day in two. I really want to ease myself into the physical challenges of the Way.

Buen Camino :)

April 1st - cool!

You won't have to look for anyone ... when you need someone they will magically turn up - guaranteed.
Think less about meeting others for support and more about meeting others to offer support - much better :wink:

Enjoy! and start early on the first day and pace yourself, you'll be fine.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.