• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another excited 'newbie', From NZ.

Time of past OR future Camino
"2018"
Hi all, My name is Carmen.
I am so terribly excited to be amongst the amazing club of Pilgrims embarking on a wonderful journey.
This will be my first Camino, Frances, departing SJPdP 28th May 2018.
I will be travelling from New Zealand arriving in SJPdP (after nearly 40hours of flights + transit lounges) on the evening of May 27th & begin my walk to Santiago 28th May. I have booked Bellari (27th) and Orrison (28th) - I anticipate being rather jet lagged & intend to begin slowly - 'good advice' from forum members.
I have a confession to make .... I am a complete addict of this forum .... stalker really! :oops::oops:
I read everything posted from all the wise, knowledgeable, informed, funny and incredibly interesting moderators, veterans and new members alike. YOU are all my family and to be presumptuous my friends!
I purchased my pack, sleeping bag, shoes (trail runners FYI ;)), socks, packtowl, &, &, &, & ALL OF MY 'kit', months ago (like Oct/Nov 2017 & have been ready to go ever since)!!
I was able to make fully informed decisions based on so much information available on this forum.
THANK YOU ALL.
I adhered to the 10% rule, I weigh 50kg's (5.1"), 47 years young and my complete 'kit' (incl everything I'll be wearing on my body + phone, money, passport, paperwork etc.) came in at 154oz/9.625lb/4.37kg.
Being a complete stalker in this respect paid off, I'm rapt & actually do not feel that I am missing any item I deem necessary for the enjoyment of my Camino.
Funny, I had intended to post here a wee introduction & ended up composing a small novel. My BAD, just so excited to finally pluck up the courage to say gidday (Kiwi, Aussie slang??).
Again many thanks to ALL the amazing forum members and Ivar for providing it.
Buen Camino
Carmen Santiago (LOL)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Gosh, Thank you Rick! TBH it was a big step for me, I kind of enjoyed my couch voyeurism, reading, learning, absorbing everything whilst incognito.
Hey but like you said 'I'm out' :eek:. Yikes.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Kia ora - whereabouts in NZ are you?
Another newbie private messaged me recently and said a get-together would be welcome after his camino.
Actually it will have to be after I get back in November - should be daylight savings again by then and I can fire up the pizza oven. @Gittihare will be invited too as she literally lives around two corners from me.

OMG Kanga your Maori is alot better than mine (kind of ashamed to admit)! Thank you for your reply. I do love your advice and candour for all pilgrims it is truly appreciated.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Kia ora - whereabouts in NZ are you?
Another newbie private messaged me recently and said a get-together would be welcome after his camino.
Actually it will have to be after I get back in November - should be daylight savings again by then and I can fire up the pizza oven. @Gittihare will be invited too as she literally lives around two corners from me.
That's amazing, two degrees of separation definitely applies in NZ! I'm in Cambridge, Waikato. :)

I wish I was half as prepared as you are!!
Hey everything you write is blimmen hilarious !! I just love it. Im quite certain you will be well prepared and I personally have learnt ALOT from your Q's asked and answered so THANKYOU for helping me get Camino prepared. ;)

Kia Ora, Carmen!
From autumn in Cambridge to Spring in Spain...wonderful.
(Cambridge - nice memories! It was always a favorite stop on the way home from Auckland because of the big cafe in the old church - and because of the berry farm and the asparagus place just out of town...)
Buen Camino, peregrina - may you have a glorious walk! You sound more than ready.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Kia Ora, Carmen!
From autumn in Cambridge to Spring in Spain...wonderful.
(Cambridge - nice memories! It was always a favorite stop on the way home from Auckland because of the big cafe in the old church - and because of the berry farm and the asparagus place just out of town...)
Buen Camino, peregrina - may you have a glorious walk! You sound more than ready.
Wow, Thank you!
The Big Cafe 'in the old pink church' is now a 'Good George' restaurant n bar & I can personally RECOMMEND it ;).
I feel I am 'ready' if that can be said ...
I am just so blimmen excited to experience what so many others have done before me.
I NEED this 'Camino' to try (hopefully/optimistically ...) find my way again.

Kia ora Carmen and haere mai! Sounds like you are ready to go! You'll have a fantastic time - you have joined a very special club. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Carmen - I'm a kiwi living in the UK. You will be a couple days ahead of me. Have a great Camino - I'm nearly all set too and can't wait!
FYI - Don't know how you're getting to Saint Jean but be aware there might be a train strike in France on the 28th (Monday) and 29th (Tuesday) of May - they've just announced it yesterday.
Just so you can be prepared to travel by bus if you need to.

Hi all, My name is Carmen.
I am so terribly excited to be amongst the amazing club of Pilgrims embarking on a wonderful journey.
This will be my first Camino, Frances, departing SJPdP 28th May 2018.
I will be travelling from New Zealand arriving in SJPdP (after nearly 40hours of flights + transit lounges) on the evening of May 27th & begin my walk to Santiago 28th May. I have booked Bellari (27th) and Orrison (28th) - I anticipate being rather jet lagged & intend to begin slowly - 'good advice' from forum members.
I have a confession to make .... I am a complete addict of this forum .... stalker really! :oops::oops:
I read everything posted from all the wise, knowledgeable, informed, funny and incredibly interesting moderators, veterans and new members alike. YOU are all my family and to be presumptuous my friends!
I purchased my pack, sleeping bag, shoes (trail runners FYI ;)), socks, packtowl, &, &, &, & ALL OF MY 'kit', months ago (like Oct/Nov 2017 & have been ready to go ever since)!!
I was able to make fully informed decisions based on so much information available on this forum.
THANK YOU ALL.
I adhered to the 10% rule, I weigh 50kg's (5.1"), 47 years young and my complete 'kit' (incl everything I'll be wearing on my body + phone, money, passport, paperwork etc.) came in at 154oz/9.625lb/4.37kg.
Being a complete stalker in this respect paid off, I'm rapt & actually do not feel that I am missing any item I deem necessary for the enjoyment of my Camino.
Funny, I had intended to post here a wee introduction & ended up composing a small novel. My BAD, just so excited to finally pluck up the courage to say gidday (Kiwi, Aussie slang??).
Again many thanks to ALL the amazing forum members and Ivar for providing it.
Buen Camino
Carmen Santiago (LOL)
Go well! I started in 2006 with 63 kg body weight and 9.5 kg pack. Soon ditched the pack weight and abandoned stuff. Now I weigh 69 kg and pack weight is 5.5 kg....ditching the body weight at 62 has become almost impossible. Worried about my knees!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Carmen Furniss , kapai

You've got your gear together. 4.37 kg for everything including what you will wear and water - wow, kapai indeed.

I live a bit closer to Antartica than you, with many moderate hills close by. You will encounter many hills between Saint-Jean and Santiago de Compostella. Being a generation older than you I did not want to spend 40+ hours getting to the start point and failing. The whakama and loss of mana on returning would be unbearable.

So I included as many hills as I could in my training regime and worked up to:
1) completing 15 km before breakfast in 2.5 hours or so.
2) going up 150 m over 2 km in that distance.
3) regulalry completing trips of 30 km or more
4) carrying all my gear on these training trips
5) keeping a log to compare progress
My intention was to train not only my body but also my mind for being on the road for 60 days in my case.

The ascent at the northern end of the Hakarimata range taking the Takitimu loop (not the steps) may may be useful as a training walk: it is just under 2 km and has an elevation increase of around 200 m. Starting at the car park on the western outskirts of Ngaruwahia and following the road to the northern car park and then up to the nothern lookout would give you a trip of 12 km. But then you may know this already.

And I am sure you are more than familiar with all the grand walks up and down the Waikato.

I wish you well and hope to hear of your achievements. Kia kaha.

Hi Carmen - I'm a kiwi living in the UK. You will be a couple days ahead of me. Have a great Camino - I'm nearly all set too and can't wait!
FYI - Don't know how you're getting to Saint Jean but be aware there might be a train strike in France on the 28th (Monday) and 29th (Tuesday) of May - they've just announced it yesterday.
Just so you can be prepared to travel by bus if you need to.
Thank you very much for the 'heads' re: the train situation. Fortunately From Biarritz Airport I have organised with Express Bourricot to deliver me to SJPdP 27th May. No trains for me! :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Carmen Furniss , kapai

You've got your gear together. 4.37 kg for everything including what you will wear and water - wow, kapai indeed.

I live a bit closer to Antartica than you, with many moderate hills close by. You will encounter many hills between Saint-Jean and Santiago de Compostella. Being a generation older than you I did not want to spend 40+ hours getting to the start point and failing. The whakama and loss of mana on returning would be unbearable.

So I included as many hills as I could in my training regime and worked up to:
1) completing 15 km before breakfast in 2.5 hours or so.
2) going up 150 m over 2 km in that distance.
3) regulalry completing trips of 30 km or more
4) carrying all my gear on these training trips
5) keeping a log to compare progress
My intention was to train not only my body but also my mind for being on the road for 60 days in my case.

The ascent at the northern end of the Hakarimata range taking the Takitimu loop (not the steps) may may be useful as a training walk: it is just under 2 km and has an elevation increase of around 200 m. Starting at the car park on the western outskirts of Ngaruwahia and following the road to the northern car park and then up to the nothern lookout would give you a trip of 12 km. But then you may know this already.

And I am sure you are more than familiar with all the grand walks up and down the Waikato.

I wish you well and hope to hear of your achievements. Kia kaha.
Wow, what an incredible reply ... thank you.
So first let me reassure you my base weight of 4.37kg does NOT INCLUDE water or snacks of any sort, but thanks for the vote of confidence :D.
Your training is incredible!! Kia Kaha my friend.
I have been training with my pack (always) since I collected my kit in it's entirety in September.
I have a loop that I walk almost everyday from my house it includes bush/boardwalk/road/pebble I like it alot (13kms).
I also have extended the 13kms a couple of times to a 25km loop which takes me to the mighty Waipa domain - horrid straight line walking on concrete but I believe I will also encounter stretches of horrid concrete on Camino so best prepare my 'feeties' for that as well.
I have a very dear friend who also lives in Cambridge and is training for the Camino as well (She leaves about 3 weeks before me) and we have done some of the TeAraroa Trail sections in preparation. She/Irene has done more sections than me including the Hakarimata section you mentioned.
I also spend weekends at Mt Maunganui & train up the Mt and also the Papamoa hills and daisy hardwick trail. Hills are an unavoidable part of the Camino & I actually don't mind them.
The mind training .... still working on that aspect.
Again thank you @AlwynWellington

Go well! I started in 2006 with 63 kg body weight and 9.5 kg pack. Soon ditched the pack weight and abandoned stuff. Now I weigh 69 kg and pack weight is 5.5 kg....ditching the body weight at 62 has become almost impossible. Worried about my knees!
It has only been by reading this fabulous forum thread to thread & then all over again that I was able to make my choices/purchases on gear & found that each month I was actually able to shave even more weight from my kit - trial and error. I agree with ditching body weight as we get older is near impossible. Six months ago I suffered a terrible lets call it a BAD TOOTH situation. Completely poisoned my system even though I was under dentist, orthodontist & eventually Maxillo Facial at Waikato hospital. IV's, ambulances 3x, dental trismas resulted ....... An 8 week nightmare resulting in 10kg weight loss that has remained off. NOT a diet plan I would recommend though!! :eek::oops:
Knees, ankles, shins, Achilles ...... all stuff we really want to hang on to for many many years to come.

That's amazing, two degrees of separation definitely applies in NZ! I'm in Cambridge, Waikato. :)
Hi Carmen

I also live in Cambridge NZ and did the Camino with my sister in 2-16. I am off again to do the Le Puy in June this year with my 3 sisters. Maybe you will see me around Cambridge training with my pack on my back. You will love it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Gosh I truly hope so, Wouldn't that be amazing!!

(Seeing YOU n Sister/s with a pack's on around our small wee town).

My friend & I are also walking around Cambridge (with packs on) - we MUST surely meet ... :oops:

I walk with another friend most weekends (Mt maunganui) & as always, say to every person we encounter 'good morning/evening/happy walking/whatever & then last weekend I suggested to my walking buddy I should say 'Buen Camino' just to see ....

Bugger me ...

I was stopped by a lady whose friend had just past us (going in the opposite direction) who was training for the Camino Frances, departing this April!!!

Like WTF ....

I tried to chase this lady down (Small World aye) I actually could NOT believe that someone walking on the same trail (Tauranga) at the same time was going to cross Spain within a month of me also crossing Spain ...

Sheesh

Maybe, you could private message me (I would BUT am a complete technophobe) ....
My friend & I could join YOU & your sisters for a training walk?

She/Irene departs soonish (approx 15th April)
Me: on my plane from Auckland 26th May.

I dont know how to private message either - can someone help?

So,

While we both, ALL, anxiously await techno savvy experts to intervene .... (optimistically) :oops:.

My 13km (from my house) is the 'Leamington walkway' - its actually a 9km walk (loop) + from my personal location Becomes 13km's.

I also do very much enjoy Lake Te Kotu (2.7km's) BUT can be very awesome training if you decide to do it the hard way (take every up n down - there are 7) - you probably know this Already :cool:. 2.7km's around the base is easily a 10km HARD !!

I would LOVE to meet you :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola, peregrinas, Maybe I can help. Private conversations: Tap on the other person's name, their profile will come up. Tap "start a conversation," write your message, tap "send." The other will receive a notice on the little envelope icon at the top of their screen. Pretty straight-forward, even I've been able to manage it. ;) Buen Camino to you all!!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you very much for the 'heads' re: the train situation. Fortunately From Biarritz Airport I have organised with Express Bourricot to deliver me to SJPdP 27th May. No trains for me! :)
Yay! Glad to hear! Have fun - enjoy and you never know we might bump into each other on the road

And me YOU!!

As a complete technophobe I'm hoping my 17, 19 & 20 year olds can help me to post an avatar .... Maybe just my face ? eeeewwwwww

But at least I'll be recognisable ,,,, Ulike your beautiful 'carpet roses'??

I love flowers & whilst I'm quite sure they ARE roses I'm also kinda sure they are 'carpet' roses?

Please correct me if I got it wrong :oops:.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just some roses I took a photo of at a flower show
I can't bring myself to post a selfie (def not a selfie girl!)....but I've got blonde hair and a black backpack with a kiwi flag patch on it.

mind training .... still working on that aspect

Carmen, you are so far underway with all aspects of your preparation., and doing well.

"Mind" training, in my book, is setting yourself up to do things differently )than when at home) day after day for a month. The nominal 15 km distance, 150 metres of elevation before breakfast was a mind training exercise for me with a practical purpose on camino.

Haere pai. Kia kaha.

Fortunately From Biarritz Airport I have organised with Express Bourricot to deliver me to SJPdP 27th May.
You'll really like Caroline, Carmen. She's a gem. Ask her anything and everything about St Jean - she's from there.

There's delight (and a wee bit of nostalgia) in reading all your posts. Cambridge is not such a big place to be so full of peregrinas! Wonderful! I hope you all manage to meet up. Alan's ideas are great - and just to add to them: Mangatautari would be my choice of a good workout from there. But take your poles, otherwise it's 'slip-sliding away...' If you can comfortably do the first few kms up to the top from the end of Hick's Rd, the first day out of SJPP will be no trouble. My memory may be wrong here but I think from the end of Hick's Rd to the top is nearly a 600m elevation gain.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you @VNwalking

We have already connected!! Myself + @Irene Ground will walk with our NEW friend @Lynda Millington this Wednesday. Our 'little GANG' of Caminoites is expanding ....

So cool :cool::cool:

Talking about slipping & sliding .... Irene & I did what was supposed to have been a 3 day section hike - TeAraroa Trail (tents n all) in two days because my Warehouse tent YUP WHAREHOUSE tent leaked (Go figure right) :rolleyes:!! We walked 8hours on Day one and set up camp in the rain on Doc land. Next day traversed Mt Pirongia 10hours (no stops) in mud up to our KNEES & parts of boardwalk that were always too short, up down up down up down uuuuupppppp & down but desperate to get out cause in dense bush, fading light (we got out at 7.15pm), soaked to the bone, all my kit sleeping bag included, was wet through not ideal at all ....

Ohhh also neither of us have poles BUT had alot of bruises to show for our efforts :eek:... does that count? Me thinks poles better than bruises ....

Am absolutely going to do them Hakarimatas. Did Mangatautari years ago but will definitely concur that puppy again .... soon ..... Ladies above, what ya'll doing Thursday?

;)

because my Warehouse tent YUP WHAREHOUSE tent
You bought at tent at the Warehouse and it leaked? I'm shocked.:eek:;):p
(Hahahahahha what a couple of days that must have been......)
Me thinks poles better than bruises ....
Absolutely. They're not just for little old ladies anymore. After a little time to get used to them you'll feel like you have 4 legs rather than 2. Just don't get them at the Warehouse...not a bargain.
We have already connected!! Myself + @Irene Ground will walk with our NEW friend @Lynda Millington this Wednesday. Our 'little GANG' of Caminoites is expanding ....
So cool :cool::cool:
that puppy again .... soon ..... Ladies above, what ya'll doing Thursday?
Yay! You go, girls!
(Honestly Carmen, you all sound way more prepared and fit than most. After that romp in the Kaimais, the Pyrenees foothills will feel flat. Of course if by the time you get to Leon you find you're bored (heee heeee) you could always go to Santiago via Oviedo (on the Salvador/Primativo). The mountains on the Salvador are a bit more mountainous than the bit from St Jean.)

Technophobe here ... HELP.

How the dang did you just take a portion of a post (like you have done above)? I tried to copy the 'peice' of writing I wanted to specifically refer to using the +Quote thingy at the bottom but then ... what to do .... I got nada.

My children roll their eyes at me (oh wait I can emoiji that :rolleyes:) LOL. I really am quite challenged in many ways ...

So, until I can work it out I have this to say re: 1, 2, 3/4 quotes you have referenced.

1. Yeah warehouse tent!!, what issue, where issue, LOL
2. Hahahahaha
3. ...... Now just stop it .... you.
No further temptations/walk suggestions are permitted.
Already added to my bucket list!! thanks @Lynda Millington EPW (European Peace Walk) have you heard of it? I hadn't so googled it WOW!! Bad form Lynda hehehehe.
Boredom NOT likely :).
It's not about fitness for me it's time on my feeties. That is the HARD part. Hour upon hour day after day will be the kicker.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wanted to specifically refer to using the +Quote thingy at the bottom but then ... what to do .... I got nada.
Easy. Take a deep breath, Carmen. If I can figure it out anyone can.
  • Take whatever text you want to specifically reply to. Highlight it.
  • When you do that there should be a little thingo that pops up under the text in black and white that says [+Quote][<-Reply].
  • Hit the 'quote' part, and it will/should come up and say "Message added to Multiquote." You can do that as many times as you want.
  • Then when you go to reply, there's the button (below) that says ["Insert quotes"]; hit that and Bob's your uncle.
  • You can chose to rearrange the quotes or just stick them in as is.
Have fu-un! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Kia Ora Koutou
My contribution to the degrees of separation here - I'm in the Waikato too...!
I can HIGHLY recommend the Le Puy Route/GR65 - I completed it in 2 stages (Le Puy/Moissac then Moissac/SJPDP and over the Hill to Pamplona) - I really loved the people + the scenery along the way
NOW this year I''m starting the Camino proper from Pamplona, on about 25/27 May or thereabouts - my aim is to reach Burgos or perhaps even Leon, but I think I'm going to be distracted by the tourist sights/sites along the way...!
Bon chemin / Buen camino + ultreia
Stephen

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Lots of you seem to be from the Waikato!
I lived in a part of Taupo that counted as the Waikato, too. Small world...
Buen Camino to you all - and may that looooooooooonnnnng flight be easeful!

And...you're welcome, @Bala! Just passing on what someone told me...

Kia Ora Koutou
I can HIGHLY recommend the Le Puy Route/GR65 - I completed it in 2 stages (Le Puy/Moissac then Moissac/SJPDP and over the Hill to Pamplona) - I really loved the people + the scenery along the way
NOW this year I''m starting the Camino proper from Pamplona, on about 25/27 May or thereabouts - my aim is to reach Burgos or perhaps even Leon, but I think I'm going to be distracted by the tourist sights/sites along the way...!
Bon chemin / Buen camino + ultreia
Stephen
Hi Stephen
Well there you go so many of us .... just have to love that!!
Your dates are very similar to mine with exception I begin in SJPdP whilst you Pamplona. Please do get distracted by all the sights and wonders to be explored because that way I would possibly have a fighting chance of catching you up .... You just never know. It would be so awesome to meet you on the Way to Burgos of Leon.
Take care and Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Please do get distracted by all the sights and wonders to be explored because that way I would possibly have a fighting chance of catching you up .... You just never know. It would be so awesome to meet you on the Way to Burgos of Leon.
You may be surprised how paths cross and recross. Taking a rest day somewhere, you run into someone you think was already long gone and way ahead of you. Or vice versa. You think you've passed someone only to run into them again.
I hope you do meet.
Buen Camino to all the Waikato peregrino/as!!

Stephen, Carmen will have no trouble catching you up, even if you dont linger. She is an energiser bunny and super fit. We hope to get from Le Puy all the way to Pamplona, but who knows what we will be distracted by. Buen Camino all of us Waikato people on the Camino in May, June, and July,

Carmen, I start my first Camino from St Jean 5 days after you. I'll be walking a pace (to Finisterra in 34 days (is the plan!)). Might catch you up and say hi (and wine!!). Just look out for six footer wearing a light brown Gant cap. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh how exciting, networking on this forum is very impressive!!
What is your name? Asking every six footer I meet: are you black and red? may not go down well. LOL.
We will meet for sure. Look for a hobbit (without the hairy feet), blonde, grey backpack & a ridiculous but practice blue legionnaire cap.
I am getting more and more excited & I still have over 8weeks to wait.... No doubt you will be feeling the same.
You will be pacy, I also walk rather quickly ... I have allowed 32 days to reach Santiago.
See you on the way my friend.

@andywild Is there ANY chance you could change your start date ..... ?
We could take turns 'carrying each other' - yes? no? maybe (I can work with) ...
You My friend (presumptuous i know) I hope to meet on my WAY ;). BUT unfortunately YOU dumbarse are walking like (over a month earlier than me) Does Ivar have a 'crying face', NO HE DOESnt.

@HedaP .... well what to SAY other than thank you ,,, :cool:!!!!
I'm kinda a total stalker so be VERY VERY cautious if/when you may reply. I do read everything .... Crazy or just well read, dunno ,,,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Carmen great to read your post and the replies. I am also a 'newbie' and have learned a lot from all the posts enjoyed Andy's this morning!!! Thank you all. I am repacking today to get the weight down - I am your height Carmen with a 5k pack + extra 20 years. Starting from Pamplona on 4 April - feel the cold so have to rationalise what I am taking. Definitely cannot carry more. Wish I could increase weight Andy but time has run out. Look forward to the Journey. Buen Camino

TRUST ME. I feel the cold as well. Heat is tolerable. Cold is NOT .... Zero tolerance.

I have been asked by (different thread) - 'silly 10% rule' to provide my 4.3kg pack list.

I have private messaged the OP (He is a male/& actually do NOT want to share) unless specifically asked for my under 4.3kg 'Skin out weight'.

It's just/only what works for ME.
I do not WANT to be judged/advised - my Skin Out Weight - works for me & me only.

Buen Camino my friend

YOU are a pro can I send YOU my typed up list?
Woman to Woman?
Rough form .....
Sure, I will do my best and happy to do it but believe me there are heaps of peregrinas on this forum With way more experience than I have.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Oh how exciting, networking on this forum is very impressive!!
What is your name? Asking every six footer I meet: are you black and red? may not go down well. LOL.
We will meet for sure. Look for a hobbit (without the hairy feet), blonde, grey backpack & a ridiculous but practice blue legionnaire cap.
I am getting more and more excited & I still have over 8weeks to wait.... No doubt you will be feeling the same.
You will be pacy, I also walk rather quickly ... I have allowed 32 days to reach Santiago.
See you on the way my friend.
The name is Dom. If you walk quick too I may never catch you up! The days can't go quick enough at the moment. Like you, I'm very excited and keen to get started. My bag is packed and hanging on my bedroom door.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm not in too much of a school ma'am mood tonight - but could members bear in mind Rule 6 and the ability to use the private message facility? Just hover your mouse over the avatar of the person you wish to speak to and click on the "start a conversation" that appears. For anything that is not of general interest.

So, @Carmen Furniss, when do you plan to triumphantly walk into Santiago?
Just asking.:cool:
May 26th I am on a plane to Spain, (Depart Auckland 3pm).
May 28th I begin my walk from SJPdP. It's a blimmen long way to travel ... (Auckland to Spain). 40 + hours .....
I will arrive SJPdP around 7.30pm (a Sunday). Also a public holiday :rolleyes:.
I have to be in Santiago on or before 30th June.

My flights home (actually to Bali - Indonesia) have me departing Santiago at 5pm on June 30th).

I will get to Bali on July 2nd (approx midnighT) To wish my 19 year old a very happy 20th.

I am a 3rd July baby my son (one of 3) is a 2nd July baby.
I'm not in too much of a school ma'am mood tonight - but could members bear in mind Rule 6 and the ability to use the private message facility? Just hover your mouse over the avatar of the person you wish to speak to and click on the "start a conversation" that appears. For anything that is not of general interest.
Sorry, I really should read the rules better. :oops:. I did not realise they applied to pilgrim introductions MY BAD.

Ah, too bad, because I will be there in early July to start my wee walk...
We're waka passing in the night.
(Wow, you almost had your baby on your birthday?! Quite the prezzie. Happy 20th to him!)
(Sorry, @Kanga. My bad too.)

Buen camino, Waikato peregrina!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.