• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Any experiences to share from an unvaccinated pilgrim - 2022

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP to Estella, Le Puy to Cahore, Porto to SdC
As my title suggests I am purposefully unvaccinated so I would appreciate not being advised to get vaccinated, not withstanding your best intensions.

I'm Australian and we have only just been allowed to travel overseas and I am keen to do a camino as part of an overseas trip.

I am hoping to hear from any similarly unvaccinated pilgrims that have recently done or are doing a camino to determine what issues, positive or negative, that may have arisen for them.

What special requirements they may have encountered either on their camino or getting to and from their camino.

I appreciate some of you may not want to make your status public so if this is the case then please contact me directly through the forum's "Conversations" option but I'm sure there will be others keen for this information if you are willing to post any replies here.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you are travelling from Australia, to enter Spain you must show a vaccination or a recovery certificate or be in one of the situations.
While this is true and while even France still keeps out unvaccinated tourists from Australia, we mustn’t kid ourselves: Unvaccinated pilgrims are on the Camino in Spain. Unvaccinated Spanish pilgrims will be rare, due to the big success of the Spanish vaccination campaign but unvaccinated Europeans are not banned from entry into Spain and have not been banned for ages. Portugal allows unvaccinated US tourists to fly to Lisbon and Porto and there are no restrictions on land travel to Spain. Just to name a few examples.

My guess it that this thread is already hurdling for closure because it is an opportunity to opinionise and editorialise about vaccination, masks, freedom, personal responsibility and whatnot. I am already looking forward to it (the closure, not those comments).

I also wonder what the poster expects to hear. People including Camino pilgrims get infected and can infect others, unvaccinated people including unvaccinated Camino pilgrims are more likely to get infected, are more likely to get seriously ill and to be ill for longer and are thus more likely to infect others. It makes no difference whether they are in Spain or in Australia. Current public health measures can be found on the websites of the Spanish authorities.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As my title suggests I am purposefully unvaccinated so I would appreciate not being advised to get vaccinated, not withstanding your best intensions.

I'm Australian and we have only just been allowed to travel overseas and I am keen to do a camino as part of an overseas trip.

I am hoping to hear from any similarly unvaccinated pilgrims that have recently done or are doing a camino to determine what issues, positive or negative, that may have arisen for them.

What special requirements they may have encountered either on their camino or getting to and from their camino.

I appreciate some of you may not want to make your status public so if this is the case then please contact me directly through the forum's "Conversations" option but I'm sure there will be others keen for this information if you are willing to post any replies here.
and do you expect to be permitted in getting on a plane or even be admitted into Spain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back