• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone here resembling this cartoon?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
LOL I was slightly disappointed when I got home last Sunday that I wasn't missing Camino already and sad that maybe the need to walk again had been squashed. And then this weekend I started researching a few routes in Canada - Chemin des Outaouais and Chemin des Sanctuaires and the longing is back full force LOL. My Chemins look like they will have to wait as by Sunday evening we were trying to coordinate a work/pleasure trip to Alaska in June as my partner has to go to Anchorage for a week, so now I am pouting and pulling up maps for a Camino in 2025. I could be dead by then! Why did I come home???

Buen Camino to everyone suffering through not being on Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes 🙌! I confess going back April 2024!
Yes, me too. I'm hoping to go back in April 2024, but haven't decided yet "where/which route/s" since I recently returned from the Camino de Madrid.
It does depend on the world situation, wars, new covid type variants, etc...this is Not a political post.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
SInce the Camino first became part of who I am, in 2013, I have long since given up even trying or OT thinking about the Camino, or some aspect of it, 24 x 7.

Stated concisely, the Camino de Santiago it is part of who and what I am.

Anyone else feel this way?
Tom, I’ve hiked hard country, climbed peaks with a sub 30% success rate. Been on the wrong side of interesting borders when those borders got interesting. I first walked a “Camino” in 2012. I’d walked quite a bit of those roads for many years but in 2012 I deliberately walked a “Camino”.

I’ve been in the Beqaa when snipers would take a shot at the grape pickers of Chateau Musar. I walked in bits of the Balkans when it was perfectly reasonable to assume that anyone you met was considering you as a possible source of income (and they weren’t running Albergues). I schlepped the Pennine Way way before anyone thought of paving the sloppy bits.

I was a hard core hiker with an odd upbringing and a complex set of beliefs. And then I walked the Camino Frances with the deliberate and conscious desire to make pilgrimage and pay my respects to the bones of one who may have touched the Divine. My gran told me I should- “walk, that’s what we do”.

Buggered me up good and proper that did. I’ve no idea why but it’s led me to roads I never thought I’d walk. To friends I’d never have met. To a determination to understand Camino even if I never do. An addiction to this forum.

I come here everyday. Mainly, I think, because I hope that one day I’ll find an explanation of what the hell happened there. And because I love the spectacle of the innocent, the bewildered and the smug wrestling grades of sleeping bag, accommodation and Orujo while rigorously avoiding “why” 😉

Last edited:
The camino is not calling out to me like it did the one and only time I walked, back in 2013. There are lots of trails here for me to walk, and I walk them regularly. What I do miss is the abundance of bars and cafes along the way where I can stop and recoup, while I pass the time chatting with like minded people.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The camino is not calling out to me like it did the one and only time I walked, back in 2013. There are lots of trails here for me to walk, and I walk them regularly. What I do miss is the abundance of bars and cafes along the way where I can stop and recoup, while I pass the time chatting with like minded people.
There are lots of hiking trails near me, but simply hiking/walking doesn't fill my Camino need. I love having a destination to walk to every day. Walking in circles doesn't do it for me. And I love the camaraderie of the Camino.

Last edited:
There are lots of hiking trails near me, but simply hiking/walking doesn't fill my Camino need. I love having a destination to walk to every day. Walking in circles doesn't do it for me. And I love the camaraderie of the Camino.
You speak for me, @trecile.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Same for me.

I guess I'll never truly be a hiker, I'll always be a pilgrim... could I choose, I'd always want to walk the Francés (or at least in the direction of Santiago) again. Hiking is nice, but it's not a Camino... and hiking in circles feels especially pointless to me. I know it's lots of fun for others, but for me, it's incredibly boring.

The Camino has saved me, but it has also ruined me, I guess 😂.

Yes, me too. I'm hoping to go back in April 2024, but haven't decided yet "where/which route/s" since I recently returned from the Camino de Madrid.
It does depend on the world situation, wars, new covid type variants, etc...this is Not a political post.
We are also hopeful of walking another Camino from April 2024!
Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Whenever we finish a Camino we have negative thoughts due to various aches and pains and "never again" features highly. But, we quickly start planning our next Camino. Even now, we are watching Camino videos from Efren and Sara (Most of you will know who they are) to get us more positive for our next Camino. So, in various ways I very much agree with the sentiments above

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Always in my thoughts, I can surely relate. Just last night in the wee hours of the morning I was dreaming I was on the Camino or at least Camino bound. It was day one and we were arriving, greeting one another. I ran into a familiar face from my first Camino in 2013. Also, there was a young woman sitting on a stoop eating homemade pie. She had more strewn about and was going to carry them along the way. Once inside the grand albergue the soon to be pilgrims were sitting around eating their last supper before the big day. I came across a woman who was eating fried chicken. A boat load of fried chicken. 😁 🤣 The dream was so real, definitely a sign I'm heading back, me and my Camino brain. August 2024, God Willing.

I visit this forum daily with the hope of getting my Camino fix. Sometimes it is frustrating reading the commentary knowing that I may never be able to walk another Camino. Shortly after our last walk in 2022, my knees decided to quit on me; I can barely walk a mile.

But when I think of a young man we met just outside of Pamplona on our first Camino (the accidental Camino that changed how I think about everything) who had been in a motorcycle accident and was very slowly making his way along the trail, I think, I can walk it again, inch by inch.

Inch by inch, second by second, day by day anything is possible except not thinking about the Camino. :)

€83,-
Tom, I’ve hiked hard country, climbed peaks with a sub 30% success rate. Been on the wrong side of interesting borders when those borders got interesting. I first walked a “Camino” in 2012. I’d walked quite a bit of those roads for many years but in 2012 I deliberately walked a “Camino”.

I’ve been in the Beqaa when snipers would take a shot at the grape pickers of Chateau Musar. I walked in bits of the Balkans when it was perfectly reasonable to assume that anyone you met was considering you as a possible source of income (and they weren’t running Albergues). I schlepped the Pennine Way way before anyone thought of paving the sloppy bits.

I was a hard core hiker with an odd upbringing and a complex set of beliefs. And then I walked the Camino Frances with the deliberate and conscious desire to make pilgrimage and pay my respects to the bones of one who may have touched the Divine. My gran told me I should- “walk, that’s what we do”.

Buggered me up good and proper that did. I’ve no idea why but it’s led me to roads I never thought I’d walk. To friends I’d never have met. To a determination to understand Camino even if I never do. An addiction to this forum.

I come here everyday. Mainly, I think, because I hope that one day I’ll find an explanation of what the hell happened there. And because I love the spectacle of the innocent, the bewildered and the smug wrestling grades of sleeping bag, accommodation and Orujo while rigorously avoiding “why” 😉
Tincatinker, I think you just composed a very good explanation of what the hell happened there.

I also go back in April. CF for me. Maybe I will see you and all the others on this post who are returning next April.

SInce the Camino first became part of who I am, in 2013, I have long since given up even trying or NOT thinking about the Camino, or some aspect of it, 24 x 7.

Stated concisely, the Camino de Santiago it is part of who and what I am.

Anyone else feel this way?
Tom,

I feel the same way. The Camino de Santiago for me has been and still is "healing" for me. I've been back every year since (except for 2020 during the pandemic) volunteering and walking. It's in my mind daily and I guess it's in my blood. It is a part of me.

Phil

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A Camino is definitely different. I do a lot of trail walking at home, and although I love it, it doesn't have the same feel.
I think that we all leave a little of our energy on the Camino, and we feel that combined energy when we walk. For those who are religious, you'd probably call it spirit. It's a tangible thing for me, that seems to have me still connected once I'm home.
Which is just as well, as it's too far away for me to walk more frequently than every two years 🙁 2025 still seems a long way off!

More than 6 days without thinking about the Camino - no no no....lol

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.