• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone recommend a luggage storage place in Lisbon?

Pilsprog

Time of past OR future Camino
Can anyone recommend a place where I can store a bag in Lisbon. I will be flying to Lisbon June 13 then taking train to Porto where I will start walking the Porto to Santiago de Compostela route. I plan to return to Lisbon in early July and spend several more weeks in Portugal. I will need to leave a bag in Lisbon and pick it up when I return.
Any recommendations welcomed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just looked this up on the Lisbon airport website.

"Luggage storage facilities are available on request within the airport. On Level 2 of Car Park P2 one can find left luggage facilities."

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for the replies but not sure they will be useful. I will be staying 2 nights in a hostel in Lisbon. I need to leave a bag for 2-3 weeks in Lisbon while I travel to Porto, walk the Camino and then return to Lisbon. After Lisbon I will be doing volunteer work elsewhere in Portugal and will need the extra clothes in the bag.

There is a new luggage storage place a stone’s throw from where I live. It’s on Rua de São Bento, just north of the intersection with Rua Poiais de São Bento (approximate map coordinates: 38.7113934,-9.1526292). It depends on where you’re staying, of course, but it’s fairly central, about 12 minutes’ walk west of Chiado.

Unfortunately I don’t know what the rates are like because I’ve never had to use it.

Boa sorte!

I left a bag at th
Just looked this up on the Lisbon airport website.

"Luggage storage facilities are available on request within the airport. On Level 2 of Car Park P2 one can find left luggage facilities."
is facility but only for a couple of hours. I don’t know if they have long-term.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is long term luggage storage at the Lisbon airport. I have left stuff there for as long as a week, but I can't remember what the charge is. I think I would have remembered, though, if it seemed extortionate. When you come out of customs, go outside and turn left, and then left again at the edge of the building.

This place is near the British Council building and Praca Principe Real. Small place. Website reads 36 euro per week. This is comparable to the luggage drop downtown but that one is larger and very crowded at times. This one seems much more mellow.
https://luggagedroplisbon.com

8 euros a day seems pricey when you can get a dorm bed for that! I would try hostels and maybe shoot them a message before you book to see if they'll store luggage.

You could always send your baggage to Santiago. I did this from Sevilla and it cost EUR 45. I had 60 days to pick it up. 40 days would have been 35 I think. Pretty sure this service is available from Lisboa or send it to Casa Ivar who runs this site.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Why not just bypass taking the extra bag?
There is EXCELLENT inexpensive shopping in both Santiago and in Lisbon.
For the cost of storage, you could buy more than one new outfits!

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back