• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting from SJPdP on 23 April 2015

fiona99

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Finnisterre and Muxia April/June 2015.
Camino Portuguese. Porto - ?? 2017.
HI will be starting my first camino on 23rd April......anyone else starting out then...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
HI will be starting my first camino on 23rd April......anyone else starting out then...
Yes . Two of us starting on 23rd April, walking to Orisson that evening

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll be six days behind you.
I'll walk fast. :)

Cheers,
Laurel

I'll be six days behind you.
I'll walk fast. :)

Cheers,
Laurel
Ha Ha Don't think you will need to walk fast.....as I intend taking my time....until I hit that long flat stretch near the road.....that is......then I hope to go a bit faster....will watch out for you

Hy , sorry I begin at the 18th. to Orisson that day. But I wish you a great time and a Buen Camino. Peter.
I don't imagine that I will catch you up.....enjoy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
will see you there ....will be walking to Orisson too

will see you there......also staying at Orisson

will see you there......also staying at Orisson
We should be leaving St Jean about 15.30 to hopefully arrive in Orisson by 18.00.
We'll be the 2 wrecked looking males in the corner! Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We should be leaving St Jean about 15.30 to hopefully arrive in Orisson by 18.00.
We'll be the 2 wrecked looking males in the corner! Buen Camino
I will be leaving earlier than that.....will be taking a very slow walk up to Orisson.....or at least I would be very surprised if it wasn't a slow walk.....looking forward to the downhill bit though.....see you there....Buen Camino

I will in St Jean on April 26th and a short walk to Orisson to stay there on the 27th. My see you on the journey Buen Camino

I will in St Jean on April 26th and a short walk to Orisson to stay there on the 27th. My see you on the journey Buen Camino
Hi Margaret.....only a few days in front of you.....so maybe our paths will cross.....I presume you are doing the whole of the way.......are you walking alone......sorry too many questions.......I am setting off on my own but very much looking forwards to meeting new camino friends along the way....if only briefly......have a safe journey.....Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Margaret.....only a few days in front of you.....so maybe our paths will cross.....I presume you are doing the whole of the way.......are you walking alone......sorry too many questions.......I am setting off on my own but very much looking forwards to meeting new camino friends along the way....if only briefly......have a safe journey.....Buen Camino
Hi, I love your questions never too many. Yes my plan is to do the whole 800 km. when I get to Santiago, I'll see how I feel and what time I have and I may try to go to Finisterre too. My flight leaves to Madrid on June 9. Then I fly to Paris and back home to Vancouver Island, Canada I am traveling alone. And this is my first Camino. And again thanks for the questions and safe journey to you too. Buen Camino.

Man all of us BC people heading over to the Camino soon lol

Man all of us BC people heading over to the Camino soon lol
I guess we all heard the calling. What dates are you arriving in saint Jean? Which part of Canada are you from? I live on the Vancouver island. I plan to spend three days in Paris before flying to Biarritz. I thought when I got to Biarritz I would see how many Pilgrims are going to St. Jean and arrange transport with them. Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I live in North Vancouver. My timing is to start on May 22nd, then after I will be heading up to Northern England to do Hadrian's wall. Buen Camino!

I live in North Vancouver. My timing is to start on May 22nd, then after I will be heading up to Northern England to do Hadrian's wall. Buen Camino!
Oh it looks like we're neighbors across the water. Are you watching that beautiful sunrise this morning? the weather has been wonderful here. I wish you all the success in training, planning, buying all your equipment. I think I've got a share with mountain equipment co-op now because of all things that I have purchased. :)
Buen Camino.

The
Oh it looks like we're neighbors across the water. Are you watching that beautiful sunrise this morning? the weather has been wonderful here. I wish you all the success in training, planning, buying all your equipment. I think I've got a share with mountain equipment co-op now because of all things that I have purchased. :)
Buen Camino.

The Pink clouds are gorgeous! :D

I hike quite a lot already. My only 'big training' will be when I quit my job in April and run a strong of Yoga everyday for a few weeks ;)

Ya I need a bunch of equipment though... I hear you on the MEC purchases... just got a GPS online that's on sale right now and need a sleeping bag, a new headlight and a few other things. I bought a very light weight tent last year though.

Train well and Buen Camino neighbor! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The

The Pink clouds are gorgeous! :D

I hike quite a lot already. My only 'big training' will be when I quit my job in April and run a strong of Yoga everyday for a few weeks ;)

Ya I need a bunch of equipment though... I hear you on the MEC purchases... just got a GPS online that's on sale right now and need a sleeping bag, a new headlight and a few other things. I bought a very light weight tent last year though.

Train well and Buen Camino neighbor! :)
Read comments on the form for the Camino. There's lots of really good advice on what to get and what not to get. I'm just taking a sleeping bag liner. It weighs less and the time you're going you probably won't need a sleeping bag. you're taking a tent?

Read comments on the form for the Camino. There's lots of really good advice on what to get and what not to get. I'm just taking a sleeping bag liner. It weighs less and the time you're going you probably won't need a sleeping bag. you're taking a tent?

Yes I will need the tent for Hadrian's wall after so will bring on Camino in case feel like stealth tenting.

Yes I will need the tent for Hadrian's wall after so will bring on Camino in case feel like stealth tenting.
Oh that makes sense. I heard that you can forward anything you don't need on the Camino to Santiago, when you get to St.Jean. This would make your load lighter on the Camino.
Well, have fun with the planning. I certainly am. I don't think I've read so much about one subject in a long time. I'm loving the journey on both sides of the Camino. Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, I love your questions never too many. Yes my plan is to do the whole 800 km. when I get to Santiago, I'll see how I feel and what time I have and I may try to go to Finisterre too. My flight leaves to Madrid on June 9. Then I fly to Paris and back home to Vancouver Island, Canada I am traveling alone. And this is my first Camino. And again thanks for the questions and safe journey to you too. Buen Camino.
Your plans are very similar to mine....also my first camino...going alone.....and am happy with that decision.....dont have any concerns really just looking forward to the challenge.....I would also like to walk to finisterre.....am looking at flight back to UK on June 6th or 8th .....can't remember which....but luckily don't have to rush back......hope to see you somewhere along the way.....happy travels Buen Camino

I'm planning on starting the 22nd! Perhaps we'll cross paths! Buen Camino!
Will be travelling to SJPdP from bayone on 22nd.....hopefully on an early train.....haven't looked into that yet......so I can spend the day soaking up the atmosphere.....before setting off on 23rd......is getting complicated now as I keep reading about small alternative routes.....some of which sound quite nice.....would prefer wherever possible not to be walking on or near road.....more homework required......Burn Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Will be travelling to SJPdP from bayone on 22nd.....hopefully on an early train.....haven't looked into that yet......so I can spend the day soaking up the atmosphere.....before setting off on 23rd......is getting complicated now as I keep reading about small alternative routes.....some of which sound quite nice.....would prefer wherever possible not to be walking on or near road.....more homework required......Burn Camino

Spell checker..'..Buen Camino....

Greetings from Ireland. I will be arriving in SJPP on April 23rd and begin walking the following day. Walked from SJPP to Finisterre in Aug/Sept last year and look forward to seeing the route in a different season. Once is never enough....
Buen Camino,
Gerard.

Hi There,
I arrive in Pamplona on April 25th and start walking on the 26th so hopefully we will cross paths. I am also a solo female planning to walk to Santiago. I walked from SJPP to Pamplona last year and got a taster for it and I am so excited (mixed with nerves as this time I will be alone) to return.

Buen Camino :)

€83,-
Hi There,
I arrive in Pamplona on April 25th and start walking on the 26th so hopefully we will cross paths. I am also a solo female planning to walk to Santiago. I walked from SJPP to Pamplona last year and got a taster for it and I am so excited (mixed with nerves as this time I will be alone) to return.

Buen Camino :)
staying at Orisson first night so will prob arrive to Pamplona on the day you leave.....so maybe will see you at some stage.. I am finding it very reassuring that I "know" all be it in a very superficial way, of others walking at the same time as myself........Buen Camino

Greetings from Ireland. I will be arriving in SJPP on April 23rd and begin walking the following day. Walked from SJPP to Finisterre in Aug/Sept last year and look forward to seeing the route in a different season. Once is never enough....
Buen Camino,
Gerard.
Looks like I'm a couple days behind you I'm arriving on the 26th in St. Jean. Second night I'm staying in Orrison. I fly back to Madrid on June 9. Hoping I'll have enough time to get to the end of the world at Finisterre. I read it is a bit lonely and isolated those 90 km from Santiago. What was your experience last year!? I'd love to hear.Buen Camino

Hi Fiona, arriving in St Jean on the 23rd and walking on 24th but aiming to reach Burguete on day 1 so likely we may meet, I'll be the Irishman smoking cigarillos while trying to pretend 40 km days are easy. ;-)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Fiona, arriving in St Jean on the 23rd and walking on 24th but aiming to reach Burguete on day 1 so likely we may meet, I'll be the Irishman smoking cigarillos while trying to pretend 40 km days are easy. ;-)
At that pace it will be a very brief hello.....goodbye.....you will leave me in your dust.......prop still on my way to roncesvalles.....am sure my nickname will be snail

Buen Camino,
Gerard.
Will be on my way to orisson.....but you will prob catch me up.....really looking forward to spring on the camino too.....from photos that I have seen it looks beautiful......if at times somewhat muddy.....but don't mind that.....have been out training in it the last few days

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Will be on my way to orisson.....but you will prob catch me up.....really looking forward to spring on the camino too.....from photos that I have seen it looks beautiful......if at times somewhat muddy.....but don't mind that.....have been out training in it the last few days

Fiona, just a little word to the wise, 2 years ago at the end of May when I 1st walked the Route Napoleon, the temperature after Thibault Cross went below freezing and there was heavy snow on the ground so be prepared for the worst but hope for the best weatherwise.

Seamus

Attachments

• IMG_5537.JPG
    IMG_5537.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Fiona, just a little word to the wise, 2 years ago at the end of May when I 1st walked the Route Napoleon, the temperature after Thibault Cross went below freezing and there was heavy snow on the ground so be prepared for the worst but hope for the best weatherwise.

Seamus
Thanks Seamus.....am watching any videos of the camino in April/May that I can find....mostly on you tube....that's how I know that I can expect anything as far as weather is concerned.....is causing havoc with my packing....trying to cover every possible weather outcome in less than 7kg.....is a nightmare.....but almost have it sorted.....training pack weight currently 9kg with water......only thing not happy with is waterproof jacket.....it is waterproof on outside but not inside.....yuk......should I spend some money on a light weight tech waterproof....such as neo shell or paramo.....or is that overkill.......the only weather I hate walking in is sunshine....hence April May option.....just my luck Will be a scorcher

Thanks Seamus.....am watching any videos of the camino in April/May that I can find....mostly on you tube....that's how I know that I can expect anything as far as weather is concerned.....is causing havoc with my packing....trying to cover every possible weather outcome in less than 7kg.....is a nightmare.....but almost have it sorted.....training pack weight currently 9kg with water......only thing not happy with is waterproof jacket.....it is waterproof on outside but not inside.....yuk......should I spend some money on a light weight tech waterproof....such as neo shell or paramo.....or is that overkill.......the only weather I hate walking in is sunshine....hence April May option.....just my luck Will be a scorcher
Ps obviously if weather is not permitting Will not go Napoleon in April......however if it is possible to get to orisson I will still go that far.....stay the night and go back down and start again......have no time restraints....very lucky.....still have not booked ticket back.....have looked....but can't bring myself to do it'.....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
At that pace it will be a very brief hello.....goodbye.....you will leave me in your dust.......prop still on my way to roncesvalles.....am sure my nickname will be snail
Ha ha good plan.'.....we have our conversation before we leave......I do not expect to have any spare breathe whilst walking to roncesvalles.....note to self.....train harder

Seamus
My idea of heaven......love snow....although am also respectful of its power......brother lives in Norway.....I seem to only visit in winter

Fiona, I'll be bringing a mid weight Berghaus ( Gore-tex ) rain jacket, will double up on cold evenings on the meseta for walking around in and a micro-fleece top for light showery days, it's always a compromise but c'est la vie.

Seamus

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fiona, I'll be bringing a mid weight Berghaus ( Gore-tex ) rain jacket, will double up on cold evenings on the meseta for walking around in and a micro-fleece top for light showery days, it's always a compromise but c'est la vie.

Seamus
It's the weight issue.....have Gore tex jacket but if I take that will need to take something out.....might have to look at lighter fleece.....have mid range so could go lighter.....have plenty of light layers so that might work....and a lot cheaper than neoshell......although if the hype is correct they appear to be very good....waterproof...light weight and very breathable

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back