• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walked from Coimbra to Viseu?

CPK

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016
CPI 2023
The stages that Gronze shows don't make a lot of sense as some days end in towns with literally no accommodation. I've plotted a couple of alternatives, notably: Coimbra - Penacova - Santa Comba Dão - Garrucha - Viseu.

If anyone has any experience with this route, I'd love to know where you stayed.

Thank you!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
CPX,

December 2011 after completing my 7th CF I walked south to the border at Tui/Valença do Minho to join my husband, for a driving holiday in Portugal. Eventually we stayed in Viseu at the very comfortable Pousada which offered delicious food. Perhaps you might also enjoy it.

Here is their current 2023 web. Happy planning and Bom caminho!

I have not walked that route but it is not well traveled so I am not surprised about the lack of albergues etc. This issue can occur quite often on routes with very few pilgrims. I would send a message to @jungleboy. He and his wife have traveled the many different Portugues routes and they may be very helpful. He and his wife also have podcasts describing their caminos. It is called"Spirit of the Camino".

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for thinking of us @lt56ny but unfortunately we have not walked or investigated the Coimbra to Viseu part of the CPI (we have walked Viseu-Verín). Viseu is the real and most comfortable starting point, which even Gronze admits despite including the section from Coimbra. But I understand the temptation of connecting the CP with the CPI through the Coimbra-Viseu route that @CPK is thinking of doing (and we also speculated about this possibility on our podcast last year).

Anyway, it sounds like this link route is in need of a pioneer and @CPK might be the one!

Thanks a lot. I've found some places on a route that deviates slightly from the Gronze route. In the spirit of 'taking the road less travelled', I'll try my luck and see how it goes!

I start (probably from Santarém) on the 22nd, so I'll try to keep a little journal on here.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back