• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone Walking The Sureste In April/may 2017

Sissel Zafira

Time of past OR future Camino
France august and september 2016
Portuguese march and april 2017
Hello
Anyone walking Camino Sureste spring 2017?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am leaving Alicante 26 april :)
I plan to keep this site updated with my progress so you may find some useful info in my ‘live’ thread. Where are you planning to walk to on the first day? I try to keep to relatively short distances for the first week to get my body camino fit! My first nights stay is planned to be in Monte Forte del Cid which should be about 29km. I’m using a GPS track and hope to collect a guide from Asociación Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Alicante. I collated all the other info I could find in the Dropbox file in my ‘live’ thread - there is also a spreadsheet there for the Camino Sureste Facebook group (in Spanish) that gives lots of info. I will be using Facebook for updates as well.

Last edited:
Hello
The first day I will walk to Monte Forte del Cid, the next day Elda, the 3 day Villena :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Uhm,

This may seem an odd question coming from me, but can anyone tell me where I can obtain the credential in advance? I got it from the Asociación by mail, two years ago, but I think soemone said recently that they didn't anser their e-mails anymore?

/BP

Hello
The first day I will walk to Monte Forte del Cid, the next day Elda, the 3 day Villena :)

Hi,

Montforte del Cid is a large town so it has all the facilities you need, but... don't forget that Orito is a nice place to stop as well, only that it's smaller. It's quite peaceful. I didn't want to walk too long the 1st day so it was perfect!

Have a wonderful Camino!

BP

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can also get a Credential from Asociación Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Alicante.

Thanks, but I prefer to have the credencial shipped over... I did contact them by e-mail though, but they haven't replied. I read somewhere already last year that they don't answer emails anymore? Or perhaps it was someone else.

/BP

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I contacted the Asociación Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Alicante to ask about a guide book and they replied very promptly given that they are only open 2 or 3 days a week. I get my credencials from Ivar on this forum at - https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

Yes Mike,

I have decided to ask Ivar for help as well, it will be easier... The Asociación hasn't replied yet...

A lot of work at the moment, longing to get away to Alicante... I'll be there around 23 of June... Hope to hear about your adventures here on the Forum so I know what awaits me... I might change my routine of stages if you give me some advice about albergues, villages etc...

Byyyye!

BP

Hi BP - I will post daily here as long as I have wifi and time. When are you stating your hike?

I bought my plane tickets just five minutes ago! I will arrive in Alicante on June 22 and start walking the next day! :OD

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OK. I should start the day before. Im staying in Montforte del Cid the first night.
I plan to get the ‘new’ guide from Asociación Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Alicante but they are only open on thurs/fri. Where are you staying the first night as I may be able to get a copy of the guide for you (if you want one) and leave it at your hotel?

OK. I should start the day before. Im staying in Montforte del Cid the first night.
I plan to get the ‘new’ guide from Asociación Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Alicante but they are only open on thurs/fri. Where are you staying the first night as I may be able to get a copy of the guide for you (if you want one) and leave it at your hotel?

Oh I'm sorry,

I'm here because our starting point is Alicante and because I wanted to get hold of a credential... But I'm actually going to follow the Lana, not the Sureste. So I'll be on the Sureste only for the first few days. I need a guidebook for the Lana. But I think I'll manage with the sources that I've found on the Internet. Still kind of you to think of me. No, I haven't booked a place to stay in Alicante yet. If you want to stay at a place just a few minutes walking from the bus stop from the airport, and a few meters from the Basílica (starting Point of the Sureste), Pensión Versailles is a good option (about 35 euros). And for the first night, I don't know if I'll stay in Monforte or Orito. I'll be starting slow so I don't think I'll catch up with you before the route splits, in Villena...

But who knows!

/BP

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back