• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 12th 2016 Camino start

STEPHEN FIELDING

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances April 2016, planing the Portugues for 2017.
Hi I'm Steve from Exmouth in the UK.
Flying to Biarritz from Stanstead Tuesday 12th April 2016.
Staying at the Itzalpea in SJPP.
Planning to start my walk on Wed 13th April 2016.
Trying to get booked in to Orission but have a backup of either doing the whole day to Roncesvalles or see how far I get and taxi back to SJPP and back up by taxi the next day.
So if anybody else is starting around this time I hope to make your acquaintance as we journey together.
Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Trying to get booked in to Orission but have a backup of either doing the whole day to Roncesvalles or see how far I get and taxi back to SJPP and back up by taxi the next day.
So if anybody else is starting around this time I hope to make your acquaintance as we journey together.
Buen Camino
Hi Stephen, I hope to start the same day. I'm just letting it all sink in. Like you I arrive on 12th but kick off 12th. At the moment I'm in training.... Sort of! Hope your training is going well. We ought to meet up when we get to SJPP or at least see where our prep compares. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino
Hello Steve, perhaps we will meet along the route. We are starting St Jean on March 19th.
Ultreya

Buen Camino

Hi Stephen, I hope to start the same day. I'm just letting it all sink in. Like you I arrive on 12th but kick off 12th. At the moment I'm in training.... Sort of! Hope your training is going well. We ought to meet up when we get to SJPP or at least see where our prep compares. Buen Camino

Hello Steve, perhaps we will meet along the route. We are starting St Jean on March 19th.
Ultreya

Buen Camino to all of you! As @Waka says, it's a journey of a lifetime.

I forgot to mention an important thing when walking the CF, look behind you often you will find the views absolutely stunning.
A lot of us, me included tended to just look ahead without realising what I was missing.

I forgot to mention an important thing when walking the CF, look behind you often you will find the views absolutely stunning.
A lot of us, me included tended to just look ahead without realising what I was missing.
Also by looking behind you have the personal pleasure of seeing how far you have come!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Opps, should have been 'kick off on 13th!'
PeterK, be great to meet up in SJPP, been off training for 10 weeks, stress fracture of my 3rd metawhatever..
But started again now, being a bit more gentle but still as enthusiastic.
As I have just retired I have no real time constraints and plan to just let the Camino take me where it wants.
So we'll keep in touch and sort out SJPP closer to the glorious 12th April and I can pinch myself that I have finally made it to the start of the way.

Hi Stephen, bunions are my bane! Plus the usual aches and pains of a 66 year old who is trying not to slip into his dotage. Still, we have a few months to get fitter, amass suitable gear, placate those who aren't coming and retain our Camino goal!

You all ...........Buen Camino and............pack light it helps wen looking backwards and walking forward :)
Greetings Paul

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You all ...........Buen Camino and............pack light it helps wen looking backwards and walking forward :)
Greetings Paul
Hi Paul, light is the plan... been told looking back is a must part of the experience, come the end of May I hope/intend to be looking back on a great camino....
might catch you on the way... have a good one, Buen Camino

Hi Rob, only a day different so a good chance we'll meet up at some point before Santiago, will look forward to it.
I'm originally from Brum so you might hear my wonderful accent before you see me.....
have a great walk, Buen Camino, Steve

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino

Hi Stephen.........Connie and I are taking the train from Bordeaux to SJPDP on the 13th and have a booking that night at Orisson. Late in the day start, but a short walk. Probably run into you at some point!

Hi Stephen.........Connie and I are taking the train from Bordeaux to SJPDP on the 13th and have a booking that night at Orisson. Late in the day start, but a short walk. Probably run into you at some point!
Hi Rick, I plan to spend the morning of the 13th having a look round SJPP before as you say a short walk up to Orisson, leave SJPP early afternoon, aiming to get to Orisson around 5, so if I don't see you on the walk will see you at Orisson. Have a safe trip, regards Steve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We have the same schedule.....our train gets in (SNCF willing) just after noon. By the time we find the pilgrim office and shake off the jet lag cobwebs, it will be about 2:00 or so before we depart up the hill. No doubt we will cross paths, see you then. Safe travels......

Buen Camino
Hello! I fly into Biarritz on the 11th and will stay that night in Bayonne. I will take the train or bus into SJPP on the 12th and begin my journey after looking around town for awhile. I will stay in Orisson on the 12th. That's as far as my plans go. I will take the rest of my journey day by day. I will probably see you on the way. Buen Camino!

Hi Joodle, and fellow April starters, our paths must cross at some point! And it will be interesting to meet these photographs in the flesh and hear the accents! I got my Irish Camino Passport today, with its first stamp! How cool is that! Just had to tell someone. Buen Camino!

Hello! I fly into Biarritz on the 11th and will stay that night in Bayonne. I will take the train or bus into SJPP on the 12th and begin my journey after looking around town for awhile. I will stay in Orisson on the 12th. That's as far as my plans go. I will take the rest of my journey day by day. I will probably see you on the way. Buen Camino!
Whoops, I'm a month ahead of myself. I don't go until May
We have the same schedule.....our train gets in (SNCF willing) just after noon. By the time we find the pilgrim office and shake off the jet lag cobwebs, it will be about 2:00 or so before we depart up the hill. No doubt we will cross paths, see you then. Safe travels......
Sadly, I had to postpone my trip to May, due to some tendonitis in my right foot due to walking too far, too fast. It will be healed and I will be on my way May 12th

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.