• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 2012 attempting the walk

Teresa77

I was wondering if anyone was completing the walk around April 15th / 17th the French route. I will be going alone and would like to start the first few days with someone also attempting the walk. I will be starting at the very beginning in Saint Jean around this time. Would love to hear from someone who wil lbe around.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Teresa welcome to the forum
I will be walking with my son for 10 days from SJPP from the 15th April-believe me you won't be alone I have walked this way twice before and met so many good people right from the start,its very hard to be alone but if you see me just say hi.
buen camino Ian

On my first Camino, I met the first of many fellow pilgrims at Heathrow Airport, London.
We are pretty easy to pick out. You will see. There will be no lack of company.
If your trip to St. Jean Pied du Port is through Bayonne, you will meet other pilgrims for sure on the train from Bayonne to SJPP.

It will all work out. No need to worry.
I wish I was walking again.

David, Victoria, Canada.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Teresa,

I'll be starting on the 17th of April from SJPP!

I'll be staying at L'Esprit the night of the 16th and then I have booked a bed at Orisson on the 17th (nice short first day of walking as i'm sure i'll be jet lagged having come from Australia).

I'd be more than happy to walk with you. I'm also going solo but I've never doubted that I would have to walk alone for long :)

Hi! I am starting on April 15th from SJPDP too. This is my first Camino and I can't wait! I am staying at Orisson the first night (4/15)so I will have time to acclimate to the altitude and the walk itself. Happy to step off with anyone who wants some company!

Renee

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back