April 21, from St Jean Pied de Port

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Flying into Biarritz on 4/20. Starting Camino Frances on 04/21/2016 from St Jean Pied de Port.
Hi Laura, I find it a great time of the year to walk.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Reactions: LauraS and wayfarer
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Oct 15, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
egeria.house
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I hope there will not be any snow. From what I understand April-May is a good time to walk. This is my first time so I'm not sure what to expect. Buen Camino!

It is and with the non-winter we have at the moment in Europe I would be surprised if there is any heavy snow at that time. Please don't sue me if I am wrong ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Reactions: LauraS

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Oh, April? Won't there be snow up there? :Oo
Last April there was still some snow up there. Picture was taken on the 19th of April.
Wish you well, Peter.

Attachments

• 20150419_095109.jpg
    20150419_095109.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Sheila MacCrimmon

Mar 16, 2016
upcoming in April (2016)
Hi Laura, Sounds like I will see you Orisson if you're staying over on April 21! My little travel group is reserved there April 21. Five Canadians - two of us from Nova Scotia, one from Saskatchewan, and two from Manitoba, so a good cross-section of our fair country. It is my first Camino, and I'm eager (and just a bit anxious about those first couple of days). Buen Camino. See you along the way.
- Sheila

LJ2016

Nov 11, 2015
Frances(2012) & (2016) & (2020)
Terrific Sheila - we'll see you in Orisson. I think the waiting is the toughest part. We've read the lists and checked everything twice and now we're starting to doubt ourselves. We did the last part of the Camino in 2012 - loved it and wanted to do the whole walk. How lucky are we to have this opportunity !

See you there
Laurel

LauraS

Dec 29, 2015
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
April (2016)
Hi Laura, Sounds like I will see you Orisson if you're staying over on April 21! My little travel group is reserved there April 21. Five Canadians - two of us from Nova Scotia, one from Saskatchewan, and two from Manitoba, so a good cross-section of our fair country. It is my first Camino, and I'm eager (and just a bit anxious about those first couple of days). Buen Camino. See you along the way.
- Sheila
Hola Shiela,
We are actually planning to walk to Orisson on the 20th. We get into SJPP early afternoon. This may be good or bad planning on our part, but I guess we won't know until we begin. I'm sure we will see you along the way. We are getting very excited! Buen Camino,
Laura

SuzanO

Mar 27, 2016
I plan to walk April 21, 2016
Flying into Biarritz on 4/20. Starting Camino Frances on 04/21/2016 from St Jean Pied de Port.
I fly out the 19th! I plan on beginning also on the 21st allowing time to get to SJPDP. Is this your first Camino? Do you feel prepared? I've been walking daily, but still have a few last minute purchases for my backpack.

Sheila MacCrimmon

Mar 16, 2016
upcoming in April (2016)
I fly out the 19th! I plan on beginning also on the 21st allowing time to get to SJPDP. Is this your first Camino? Do you feel prepared? I've been walking daily, but still have a few last minute purchases for my backpack.
It's my first Camino, yes. I'm not sure how to know if I'm 'prepared', but, like you, I've been walking regularly with weighted pack and hills. And, the last minute packing is freaking me out just a bit; it's a challenge to pack light for weeks of living from a pack.

SuzanO

Mar 27, 2016
It's my first Camino, yes. I'm not sure how to know if I'm 'prepared', but, like you, I've been walking regularly with weighted pack and hills. And, the last minute packing is freaking me out just a bit; it's a challenge to pack light for weeks of living from a pack.
I had a friend over who has walked the Camino and she was a great help. My pack got lighter! Not only that, I found things in my closet that would work. I'd purchased things that I needed, but weren't "me" and oddly it felt as if I weren't the one going on this pilgrimage. Since finding my own things, I've been more enthusiastic. Gaiters or no gaiters? I hear both. What do you think?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Sheila MacCrimmon

Mar 16, 2016
upcoming in April (2016)
I had a friend over who has walked the Camino and she was a great help. My pack got lighter! Not only that, I found things in my closet that would work. I'd purchased things that I needed, but weren't "me" and oddly it felt as if I weren't the one going on this pilgrimage. Since finding my own things, I've been more enthusiastic. Gaiters or no gaiters? I hear both. What do you think?
I know what you mean about things that 'aren't me'. I'm known for wearing bracelets and scarves, and prefer leggings under skirts. So, I've simply found lightweight versions to bring 'me' to the walk. I've met with a few who have walked, and each has a different packing list. This week, I'm living out of my pack just to see if I have the things I need and to help sift out the extraneous. Gaiters, not taking them. Nor poles. If I need them, I'll buy them. When are you starting out, Suzan?

Sheila MacCrimmon

Mar 16, 2016
upcoming in April (2016)
I know what you mean about things that 'aren't me'. I'm known for wearing bracelets and scarves, and prefer leggings under skirts. So, I've simply found lightweight versions to bring 'me' to the walk. I've met with a few who have walked, and each has a different packing list. This week, I'm living out of my pack just to see if I have the things I need and to help sift out the extraneous. Gaiters, not taking them. Nor poles. If I need them, I'll buy them. When are you starting out, Suzan?
Oh, I see that you're also starting on the 21st too! Staying in Orisson?

SuzanO

Mar 27, 2016
Oh, I see that you're also starting on the 21st too! Staying in Orisson?
I'm flying into Bilbao, staying the night and taking the next day to get to SJPdP. I hope to begin on the 22nd and will make that first night in Roncesvalles. I'm buying poles in SJ so I don't have to check my pack.

Joodle

Oct 26, 2015
Washington state
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
I thought it was the first day over the Pyrenees that you needed your poles the most? For climbing up and descending into Roncesvalles. Am I wrong? Do you really need poles anywhere else?

SuzanO

Mar 27, 2016
I thought it was the first day over the Pyrenees that you needed your poles the most? For climbing up and descending into Roncesvalles. Am I wrong? Do you really need poles anywhere else?
Poles as I understand it, take the weight off your back and knees. You use your arms to help carry the weight. It isn't just stability. I think poles are a must. Also, I've booked a room in Roncesvalles and also planning to ship my backpack to there for the first day.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides