Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Arrival in SJPP May 8th

nuna76

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for your advice and support - I've learned a lot about the camino in the last days. Today my hospitalero at SJPP told me that the 8th is a festive day in France - so it will not be possible to go from Bayonne to SJPP by train in the afternoon. The last train leaves at 10 am. Anybody interessted in sharing a taxi (at around 4pm)? Or can you give me information about an alternative? Many thanks in advance,
Nuna

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Nuna, there are buses from Bayonne to St Jean - but they might also have only a few running if it is a holiday. Check the bus timetable here:

http://www.ter-sncf.com/aquitaine/carte ... /index.asp

You have to click Bayonne on the map and then download the timetable Bayonne - St Jean.

I think that there is one at 15h06 and another at 21h05

If you can't manage it, mail me and I'll email it back to you. I tried to attach it to this post but it is too large.

sillydoll@gmail.com

D

Deleted member 3000

My reading of the Ter Aquitaine schedule is that holidays (fetes) have train departures from Bayonne at 0824, 1506, and 2106 (on Friday, Sunday and holidays). The bus connection to St. Etienne de Baigorry is at Osses St. Martin d'Arrosso just before St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

I think the holiday is May 7, so Friday, May 8, should be a "normal" schedule - 0824, 1158, 1506, and 1812.

nuna76

Thanks for your advice! It's good to know that you're "here" with your experience! In the meantime I've organised a taxi, because I'll arrive to late for the 15:00 bus. The costs are 65 Euro and I've found someone who will share it with me. I'm excited ... leaving today at 15:00 from home...

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts