• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

arrive CDG 9pm Lv Montparnasse 7am next am! How? :-)

justbnow

I have spent my whole day off of work trying to figure this out! I hate to bug you all on this forum, but I NEED HELP! :roll: I arrive at CDG Paris at 9:00pm 6/10 and my travel agent wants to book me on the 7:30am train the following morning (Montparnasse - Bayonne) Is there a way to do this??? Do the train (buses) run late/early?
To those who have walked before me... I look forward to your words of wisdom!
Much thanks,
Brenda in Santa Barbara

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dear Brenda.

I have not walked before but I too plan to arrive at CDG in the am. But why stay in Paris, unless you want to. There are several TGV that leave Montparnasse for Bayonne in the afternoon. That is what I and a friend are planning. My Metro app says that it is about 35 minutes from the airport to the downtown train station. Have your travel agent look into these.

Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
justbnow said:
I arrive at CDG Paris at 9:00pm 6/10 and my travel agent wants to book me on the 7:30am train the following morning (Montparnasse - Bayonne) Is there a way to do this??? Do the train (buses) run late/early?
That sounds like a good idea to me. It will be late by the time you get into Paris itself and you will hopefully be able to have a reasonable sleep before heading off the next morning.

Yes there is a train at that time of the morning and, what's more, it's a direct service so you won't even have to change.

Last year I stayed at this hotel http://www.hotelparismaine.com/EN/index.Asp which was recommended on this Forum. I was pleased with it and would stay there again. It's opposite Montparnasse station so is very convenient for a morning train.

Dear Brenda,
Something on my glasses changed the pm to am on your post, so no wonder my answer made no sense. Sorry. MBJ

Ligne 4 : Gare Montparnasse - Gare de Lyon / Aéroport
Paris-Charles de Gaulle

Arrêts des Cars Air France :

Gare Montparnasse : Rue du commandant Mouchotte, station de métro "Gare Montparnasse"
Gare de Lyon : 20 bis boulevard Diderot, station de métro "Gare de Lyon"

Paris-Charles de Gaulle :
Terminaux desservis :
Terminal 1 : niveau Arrivées porte 32
Terminal 2A-2C: entre portes 9 et 10
Terminal 2D-2B : porte B1
Terminal 2E-2F : galerie de liaison entre le terminal 2E et 2F
Terminal 3 : descendre au terminal 1 puis emprunter la navette gratuite CDGVAL,
arrêt "terminal 3".

Rejoindre ou quitter le terminal 2G :
Le terminal 2G est relié au terminal 2F (porte 2.10) par la navette gratuite N2. La navette N2 circule de 5h30 à 23h (fréquencemaximum : 6 à 7 minutes,
temps moyen de trajet : 15 minutes).

Fréquence de passage :

30 minutes
Amplitude : de 06h00 à 22h00-7j/7

Tarifs :

Aller simple : 17,00 €
jeune (- de 25 ans) et groupe (à partir de 04 pers) : 14,50 €
Enfants de 2 à 11 ans : 8,50 €
Gratuit pour les enfants de moins de 2 ans
Tarif aller-retour : 29,00 €

Horaires (informations fournies par les Cars Air France)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
To give the options in English:

1) There is an Air France bus that runs from CDG Terminal 2 to downtown.

2) You can take the Paris Metro, which runs more frequently, has a cheaper fare, and is perfectly suitable if you only have a pilgrim pack. From CDG (train station area) take the suburban surface train line RER-B (light blue) into town (Direction: Robinson/Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse). You'll change over to Metro Line 4 (purple), at Saint-Michel station (direction: Maire de Montrouge). Debark at Montparnasse station. Walk from the metro area to the long-haul train area, check the departure board for your track assignment about 20 min prior, and Voila!

One note: Paris Metro does not comply with ADA rules; there are a million steps and almost no escalators or elevators. Be prepared to hand-carry even your rolling luggage up and/or down four long flights of stairs. If you have more luggage than that, take the bus or a taxi.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you can, take enough coins so you can buy your metro ticket from a ticket machine. The queues at CDG to buy metro tickets at a counter were horrendous when I was last there, and the machine never took my foreign Visa card.
Margaret

Yes you can do it, but probably just spend the night in the Montparnasse train station is the easiest thing to do or get a hotel near the train station but you won't have much time to sleep. From Roissy airport (CDG) take the RER B and get off at Port Royal and walk to Montparnasse (20 minutes) or get off at the next stop (Denfert Rocherot) and then take the line 6 metro (direction Etoile) and get off at Montparnasse. You can sleep on the train in the morning! :)

Good luck!

Julie,

I tried the link in your post and got a 404 error message. Is this hotel no longer in business?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back