• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arriving in Satander

johnBCCanada

Hi

I am not leaving until September but I am enjoying soem research and booking flights. It makes the trip seem sooner.

I am arriving at Satander airport (for the Camino del Norte) at 6 pm and I am wondering if I am going to have any problems getting in to town and a albergue for the evening arriving at that time.

Curiously I am not having problems getting in the habit of long walks as preparation but I am procrastinating on learning some basic Spanish.

regards,

John in British Columbia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You shouldn't have a problem - it is still light for a few hours and the albergue Santos Martires in 9 Ruamayor 9, close to the cathedral, has 16 places for walkers only. It usually opens about 4 pm. According to the CSJ guide, things may be left at bar just down the road.

I agree with Sil, albergues in CF may be crowded but not in anothwer Caminos as Camino del Norte.

When you arrive to the albergue you will find acomodation.

Buen Camino del Norte,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum