Addicted

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015,
Camino Primitivo (5 days in 2015)
Camino Portugal 2015,
Camino Muxia,Finiserra 2015,
Camino Primitivo complete 2016
Camino Norte Sept 2017
We will be arriving in Oviedo after 11 pm on Wed. September 14 . Will we find any albergues that are open this late?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Addicted, Welcome to the forum.

There is only one albergue in Oviedo. And it will be closed. http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-de-el-salvador-de-oviedo#bloque-informacion. The pseudo-private-albergue Villa Cecilia gets very bad reviews.

There is a hostal, La Peregrina, in a great location, with very cheap prices. Several forum members have stayed here. I would write to them to see if they have anyone at reception at that hour.

http://www.hostallaperegrina.com

Otherwise, as Falcon suggests, try booking for a cheap last minute rate. STandard hotels have someone at the desk 24 hours, but small private places usually don't. I got a room four star hotel in central Oviedo for under 40 euros just this summer. And I was a stone's throw from an amazing artisanal cheese fair, where I ate myself silly on free samples! Buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Addicted, Welcome to the forum. And I was a stone's throw from an amazing artisanal cheese fair, where I ate myself silly on free samples! Buen camino, Laurie
I assume/hope you walked off all those calories the next day, Laurie! ;)
Am really looking forward to the Primitivo next April/May .... after visiting the grave of my great-great uncle in Arras in France.
Blessings from grey England....

I assume/hope you walked off all those calories the next day, Laurie! ;)
Am really looking forward to the Primitivo next April/May .... after visiting the grave of my great-great uncle in Arras in France.
Blessings from grey England....

I'm not sure if you've been to Arras before, Stephen, but I spent two days enjoying the charming town/city when walking the via Francigena a couple of years ago. Make sure to visit the Wellington Quarry while there, if you can.

Respect to great great uncle and his comrades,
James (sharing the same grey sky!)

Thank you for the information. We may end up taking an 1130 pm bus from Madrid to Oviedo . This will allow us to spend a few hrs in Madrid but will get us into Oviedo at 515 am. Hope to sleep a couple hrs on the bus , get credentials and start on pilgrimage that morning . Getting into Oviedo earlier and getting a hotel is still an option but much rather an albergue. We stayed in countless albergues last year and loved the communal atmosphere. Thanx again to all
Buen Comino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hostal/Albergue Peregrina is 5 min walk from bus station. Nothing special but locationwise good option for the price. As I remember from this summer the lady taking care of it leaves at 8PM. I don't know whether she lives in the same building but I did get that impression.

Ultreia!

Thank you for the information. We may end up taking an 1130 pm bus from Madrid to Oviedo . This will allow us to spend a few hrs in Madrid but will get us into Oviedo at 515 am. Hope to sleep a couple hrs on the bus , get credentials and start on pilgrimage that morning . Getting into Oviedo earlier and getting a hotel is still an option but much rather an albergue. We stayed in countless albergues last year and loved the communal atmosphere. Thanx again to all
Buen Comino

Stay in Oviedo for a day before commencing.
The first day will test most after a day/night of travel

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Comino

Hi, addicted, I have met several people who have done that, night bus to Oviedo and then start walking. If you want to get your credential in Oviedo, you'll need to hang around for a few hours till opening time.

If you are pressed for time, or chomping at the bit to walk, this may be the best solution, but as Thornley suggests, if you have time, consider a stay in Oviedo. I think Oviedo is one of Spain's most beautiful cities. Its historical core and cathedral are beautiful, there are lovely grid-street neighborhoods with stately buildings, the parks are great (both the huge in-town San Francisco as well as the Parque de Invierno on the edge, from which you can usually see snow capped mountains), and the pre-Romanesque 8-9 century church and palace in Naranco, about a 35 minute walk from the train station, are IMO jaw-dropping. And I didn't even start my list of the great street sculptures all around town, including a life sized Woody Allen. It's a sophisticated and perhaps a bit snobbish city, lots of public life, lots of bars, cafes, good food and of course sidra, the very popular cider.

Either way, though, you'll love the Primitivo! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi

I would stay a day as there will be fiestas that week and you might want to try a nice glass or bottle of sidra......

Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I see that you arrive in a couple of days so this is probably too late. But for future reference-For our May trip I booked the AC Marriott that's located right at the train station. We're arriving from Madrid by train around 8pm after spending over 30 hours travelling and I wanted a place where I could crawl off the train and collapse :)
Pretty inexpensive at about 50 or 60 Euros per night.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back