• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2014 camino

carolmon

Time of past OR future Camino
august 2014
Hi I'm Carol, starting my walk from Sarria on 14th, excited and a bit apprehensive to be going it alone but hope to have an interesting camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi carolmon! I'm also traveling solo and here now in the Pamplona area. Was apprehensive at first too but felt better when I met so many other women that are traveling solo this week.

Going into Pamplona there were a couple of pilgrims ahead of me, whom I stayed close to as we got closer to the city, as I was afraid of getting lost! :)

So far, the spirit of camino has been in everyone i meet. I walk solo most of the time, and it's always fun to greet fellow pilgrims who you get to know briefly as they pass by.

Have a great time in Sarria! Buen camino!

Hi Santipink, thanks for the reply , it's good to hear.........
I'm heading to the airport soon and having a "what was I thinking" moment!
Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Santipink, thanks for the reply , it's good to hear.........
I'm heading to the airport soon and having a "what was I thinking" moment!
Buen camino
I returned from my first Camino, which I also did solo, July 30. It was wonderful traveling alone; I met so many people from all over the world. I am certain you will have a fabulous time!

Hi Carol! Good luck on your adventure, you will have an amazing time I'm sure. I'm new here too and doing my first Camino next year (solo). Let us know how you are going!

Ana

Hi everyone! My new husband, Robert and I will begin the camino by August 23/24. We just got married and we depart Tampa FL and fly to Barcelona (from there to SJPP). We look forward to catching up you guys. I've been dreaming and looking forward to this trip for 4.5 years. My new husband was happy to have it be our honeymoon trip. We are so excited and so humbled to be able to participate in such a pilgrimage as this. It is our hope to make new friends, learn many new things, explore our selves, and have a walk & talk with God along the way. We land in Barcelona on the 22 August. We plan to spend a day in SJPP to adjust to and wind down, then begin the pilgrimage on perhaps the 25th. But hey, plans change and we are always open to whatever comes along.
Becca

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello everybody
Thanks for the replies and encouragement
Well I finished my Camino ... I loved it but it was tough going, I had bad blisters but rested up for a day and got back on the road with bandagedvfeet......I was very happy to get to Santiago!
What really made it for me was the support along the way .
It was so easy to travel alone and I'm really glad I did it (I was very close to cancelling because originally it was meant to be two people travelling)
Walking alone was fine, i felt very safe and was encouraged to see so many women walking solo and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Actually I'm thinking of walking some of the Portuguese route next summer, I was really impressed with Galicia and would like to see more of it.
So to all who are starting out Buen Camino...enjoy

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back