• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aussies starting from SJPdP 26th April 2015

LeanneRon

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting Camino 26th April 2015
Hi my name is Leanne. My husband Ron and I are looking forward to starting our Camino and are busy with training and other preparations. Looking forward to reading information throughout this forum to help with our preparations. I am 57 and Ron is 63. Looking forward to hearing from anyway that is starting on or close to our start date. Cheers!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi my name is Leanne. My husband Ron and I are looking forward to starting our Camino and are busy with training and other preparations. Looking forward to reading information throughout this forum to help with our preparations. I am 57 and Ron is 63. Looking forward to hearing from anyway that is starting on or close to our start date. Cheers!
Welcome leanne and Ron , you can find lots of info on this forum.I am beginning at the 18th. of April in Sjpdp , so meeting you along the way , probably not .But I wish you Buen Camino.

Leanne I wish you and Ron every blessing for your walk. I walked the Camino in June last year at the age of 58. It was the most amazing experience of my life and I reflect on it every day since my return. I met quite a number of Aussies on the way as well as so many other people from all over the world. I am sure you will have a wonderful experience.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Peter. I wish you Buen Camino too. We leave Australia 25th March and spending a week in Turkey then on to Italy before we arrive in SJPdP. We will need to be mindful of our fitness during this time but plan to do a lot of walking in both places. We have a lot to prepare at home before we leave so will be very busy. Cheers.

Leanne I wish you and Ron every blessing for your walk. I walked the Camino in June last year at the age of 58. It was the most amazing experience of my life and I reflect on it every day since my return. I met quite a number of Aussies on the way as well as so many other people from all over the world. I am sure you will have a wonderful experience.[/QUOTE

Thanks Issy. We have been wanting to do this since our son and daughter in law did the Camino in 2011. They said it was life changing for them. We have had a very stressful 2 years so I believe this has come along at the right time for us. Cheers.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Gday guys. You should run into quite a few aussies around your start time. Ill be about 2 weeks behind you.
Buen Camino

You will love it. We walked last year and spent Anzac Day in Los Arcos, one of the best Anzac day's we have ever had. We kept gathering Aussies for 2 days and all met in Los Arcos for a small service, a minute silence, fresh poppies from the field then several glasses of good Spanish wine and a meal afterwards. The stuff memories are made of. I was 64 and my wife was 60.

You will love it. We walked last year and spent Anzac Day in Los Arcos, one of the best Anzac day's we have ever had. We kept gathering Aussies for 2 days and all met in Los Arcos for a small service, a minute silence, fresh poppies from the field then several glasses of good Spanish wine and a meal afterwards. The stuff memories are made of. I was 64 and my wife was 60.
Thank you. We will be spending Anzac Day in SJPdP and hope to meet with some Aussies and Kiwis there. We are visiting Gallipoli in late March so I imagine this Anzac Day will hold special meaning for us although it is an emotional day any year. Cheers.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Leanne. Good to read your post. A friend and I will be starting our Camino on 24 April 2015 from St Jean PDP. So we might see you at the Pilgrim Office in St Jean PDP or at least at some point along The Way! Buen Camino and all the best with your preparations.

Hi Leanne & Ron, My husband and I are in the process of planning for late August 2015 - so I will be interested in any information that you have found along the way. We currently plan to walk about 30 km per day, I am 55 and my hubby 56, but also looking to maybe miss the flat lands of the meseta and take a bus for those days in order to make up some time for touring after Santiago, having never been to Spain before. We are running to a rather tight time schedule have to be back in Oz for a wedding 25.9 Best wishes Karen

Gday guys. You should run into quite a few aussies around your start time. Ill be about 2 weeks behind you.
Buen Camino
Hi there, thanks for your post. I see you live in Gympie. We live at Toogoolawah! I'm sure you know where that is but lots of people say 'where' so in case you don't know it is near the Somerset Dam but on the Brisbane Valley Highway. We became interested in the Camino after our son and his wife walked the Camino in 2012. Looking at your profile pic you look like you are a seasoned 'walker'. Wish I could say the same. We have been doing lots of walking since the start of the year. If you are 2 weeks behind us then I hope you don't catch us as that would mean we are on struggle street!
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Leanne. Good to read your post. A friend and I will be starting our Camino on 24 April 2015 from St Jean PDP. So we might see you at the Pilgrim Office in St Jean PDP or at least at some point along The Way! Buen Camino and all the best with your preparations.
Hi Carole, Thanks for your good wishes and the same to you. It is getting exciting. How far are you walking the first day? We are going to Roncesvalles. The first day has me a bit concerned as I read a lot of advice is to walk to Orisson the first day. We have booked our trip with Raw Travel and have adopted the schedule they put out so that is what we are going with. We have been walking up and down hills around our local area so I just hope we are prepared enough. Beun Camino and I hope we meet. Cheers.

Hi Leanne & Ron, My husband and I are in the process of planning for late August 2015 - so I will be interested in any information that you have found along the way. We currently plan to walk about 30 km per day, I am 55 and my hubby 56, but also looking to maybe miss the flat lands of the meseta and take a bus for those days in order to make up some time for touring after Santiago, having never been to Spain before. We are running to a rather tight time schedule have to be back in Oz for a wedding 25.9 Best wishes Karen
Hi Karen,
Hi Karen, thank you and all the best for your trip in August. I will try to keep involved with this forum and let you know how we are progressing. Our son and his wife completed their Camino in October 2012. Matthew said that the Meseta was the highlight for him. He loved the endless plains. It reminded him of the outback plains of NW Qld (when it is not in drought!) but I can see you will be on a tight schedule. We leave Aus on 25th March and have a week in Turkey then onto Italy for 3 weeks before heading to Spain. Much to prepare for. Cheers and Buen Camino!

Hello I am planning on leaving st Jean pied de port late April a bit anxious as I am now travelling solo as my husband sadly passed away suddenly two weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting new people along the way and spending some quality healing time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Mia, I am so sorry that you have lost your husband. How courageous of you to go ahead with your Camino. I do hope we meet up. What date are you arriving in SJdP? We will be there on the 25th April. If you are there then perhaps we could remember the ANZAC's together.

How lovely to hear from you, my sister is planning on spending a few days with me in st Jean before I start the walk so yes we will be there to remenber the Anzacs together. Looking forward to meeting you both. I haven't booked a hotel yet where are you staying ? Warmest regards Mia ryan

Mia, Re Hotel: We haven't received those details as yet. We booked through an Australian Company called Raw Travel. We are staying in hotels etc all along the way and having our main luggage taken ahead each day. I will let you know the name of the Hotel when I receive our documents. Cheers Leanne.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks I just had a look at raw travel and may join them as well. So thanks for the tip!

Thanks I just had a look at raw travel and may join them as well. So thanks for the tip!
That's great. We will arrive in SJPDP on the 25th April and start walking on the 26th. We have chosen to do the plan that they have on their site. I think it is 41 days. With rest days spaced throughout. Good luck with it all. Will keep in touch. Cheers.

leanne and Ron
Hi,, leanne and Ron the days are flying past and you will soon be on your way, its a life changing thing to do and you should have a nice trip
I am also going back in July to do my second Camino, I first did the Way back in 2010, mind you I was younger then only 65 this will be my
big 70 trip,when I did my first Camino, it took me 37 days from Lourdes in France v St Jean, so if you have 41 days you have plenty of time
anyway have a Good Camino ,,good luck Freespirit

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Hi, I am starting on April 26th, first night in St Jean and second night in Orisson.
May see you. I am excited too. All the reading and planning. Beun Camino

Hi, I am starting on April 26th, first night in St Jean and second night in Orisson.
May see you. I am excited too. All the reading and planning. Beun Camino
Hi Margaret, I wish you all the best and I too hope we meet up and walk and talk along the way. Cheers .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello All, I have decided to book with Raw Travel and will be leaving St Jean on 26th April, it all feels so right now. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi Mia, that's great that you have booked with Raw Travel. What time schedule are you planning? It's great that we will meet before we begin our journey. Let's keep in touch. Cheers!
Hello All, I have decided to book with Raw Travel and will be leaving St Jean on 26th April, it all feels so right now. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi again Mia, we have all our travel documents from Raw Travel so it is getting real. We leave Australia on the 25 March. Will be in Turkey until 2nd April, Italy 2-21st April. Bordeaux 21-24 April. We are now going to stay 2 nights in SJPdP. I have booked into the same B&B as Raw Travel booked us Itzalpea. We will be arriving by train/bus from Bayone at about 7pm on the 24th and will have all day to explore/rest on the 25th and then start walking as planned on the 26th April. Hope your plans are going well too. Our training is going well. We have our Pacerpoles worked out. I will give you my email in case you want to contact me that way leanneroneckford@gmail.com. Cheers. Leanne
Hi Mia, that's great that you have booked with Raw Travel. What time schedule are you planning? It's great that we will meet before we begin our journey. Let's keep in touch. Cheers![/QUOTE

Hi Carole, Thanks for your good wishes and the same to you. It is getting exciting. How far are you walking the first day? We are going to Roncesvalles. The first day has me a bit concerned as I read a lot of advice is to walk to Orisson the first day. We have booked our trip with Raw Travel and have adopted the schedule they put out so that is what we are going with. We have been walking up and down hills around our local area so I just hope we are prepared enough. Beun Camino and I hope we meet. Cheers.
Hi again Leanne and Ron. Haven't been on the forum for a while but with 5 days until our departure I was thinking of you and checked back here. Sorry I haven't been much help with advice in your preparations. We are staying at Orisson on our first day. So many friends who have Camino experience have told us to start SLOWLY. The trip up from St Jean to Roncevalles seemed on paper to be the hardest of the stages, so we're breaking the stage into 2. I am sure that we will see one another and look forward to that. Safe travel and see you on the Way.

Hi Leanne and Ron and Mia.
I am starting on the 26th from SJPP, by myself. First stop at Orisson. I have been thinking though, of taking the Valcarlos route to Roncesvalles. Hope to meet you all along the Way. Buen Camino.
Mia you are very brave.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Leanne and Ron and Mia.
I am starting on the 26th from SJPP, by myself. First stop at Orisson. I have been thinking though, of taking the Valcarlos route to Roncesvalles. Hope to meet you all along the Way. Buen Camino.
Mia you are very brave.

This thread was 3 years ago ;)

We're heading up the hill the day before you Evy, so you'll catch us by day 2 or 3 :eek::eek:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back