• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack Service

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Suggest folks read the details. This company is actually just arranging for other people to do the transfers.
They advise they use independent contractors to carry the packs.
It would not be possible for one company to operate on all of those routes.

I do not see where they are actually located.

I am not negative... just use some diligence and research before you turn over your pack.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I was interested to see what they charge. Aljucen to Alcuescar they quote 70€ for one bag, and Alcuescar to Cáceres it was 270€. That would make for a very expensive VDLP!

I took a screenshot and attached it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-03-06 18.09.26.png
    Screenshot 2018-03-06 18.09.26.png
    69 KB · Views: 33
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have sent off an enquiry to see if this is a glitch - but thanks for looking into some of the sections; I didn't go into sectors. :oops:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here is another fairly recent thread on the same topic: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/transport-of-bags-on-via-de-la-plata.51519/

When I was on the VdlP in 2015, I remember a case when a hostel owner arranged for a taxi to carry the pack of an injured pilgrim forward. The cost was ridiculous, either 30 or 40 Euros. ¡Buen Camino!
wowsers, need to win lotto - thank goodness I am not looking for a pack service myself. Would really appreciate anyone sharing if they know a good reliable and reasonable service as one of our members was asking as she needed it due to a back injury - walking is good for her back but carrying weight is not - maybe this route is not the right one for her then???

wowsers, need to win lotto - thank goodness I am not looking for a pack service myself. Would really appreciate anyone sharing if they know a good reliable and reasonable service as one of our members was asking as she needed it due to a back injury - walking is good for her back but carrying weight is not - maybe this route is not the right one for her then???

I think it's better to leave this thread up to let people see what the options are, but I will delete it if you have a strong feeling about it.

But as an off-topic aside, I also have common lower back pain problems, nothing too orthopedic, but I carry my pack, up to 9 or 10 k without a twinge. I'm sure you know this, but a good internal frame pack puts the weight on the hips, not on the back. In fact, many of us with some lower back issues find the warmth and structure of the pack against our backs to be a positive rather than a negative. So maybe your friend should investigate this further. I think many people assume that if they have back problems they can't carry a pack. A light day pack with no support will have me in pain in an hour or so, not so my trusty ancient Mountainsmith!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
just in communication with the second they dont do the route up to Ourense as its not logisitical for them. This could be a business opportunity for someone.. I am sure this route must be garnering more and more attraction judging by the posts. My knees are the problem really... hope I can find a work around dont want to cancel my trip .... I might just have to be a smelly pilgrim.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My knees are the problem really... hope I can find a work around dont want to cancel my trip .... I might just have to be a smelly pilgrim.
Similar problems here for my sister and me.
She only can use a (good) daypack with food and water, sandals and a rain poncho. If we have to carry spare cloths, micro-towel, toiletries and sleeping bag it will be too much.
Maybe we need a campervan to back us up 😂

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.