• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack transport cost

Lightfeet

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal June 2019; Frances Sept 2019;
How much does it typically cost to send a backpack or duffel ahead with Tuitrans, Pilbeo, or Caminofacil? Thanks for any information.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
How much does it typically cost to send a backpack or duffel ahead with Tuitrans, Pilbeo, or Caminofacil? Thanks for any information.
Please do a search. This is a common question that has been asked and answered multiple times.

Can't say on the Portuguese, but it can and does vary on how far the transport distance, etc. On the CF in Spain 7 euros or so per stage.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Can't say on the Portuguese, but it can and does vary on how far the transport distance, etc. On the CF in Spain 7 euros or so per stage.
Thank you. I know we paid 5 euros in 2019 on the Frances, with Correos, so wondering about Portugal for 2023.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We almost never transport a bag. Me only once in 2016 and my husband twice in 2016 and 2022. We did not have a good experience trying to set up Correos for one of the less traveled Caminos that they said they serviced. I have had good luck with Jacotrans the only times I have done bag transport. You probably won't get as many answers on the forum to this as you'd like because many of us don't use bag transport with any regularity.

We almost never transport a bag. Me only once in 2016 and my husband twice in 2016 and 2022. We did not have a good experience trying to set up Correos for one of the less traveled Caminos that they said they serviced. I have had good luck with Jacotrans the only times I have done bag transport. You probably won't get as many answers on the forum to this as you'd like because many of us don't use bag transport with any regularity.
Thank you. I sent my backpack ahead one time when walking the Frances when I wasn't feeling well. It was 5 euros with Correos. My husband and I are going to do the Portuguese Central this year. We 4 years older now (70 and 72), so considering transporting a duffel with some of our stuff combined, and carrying the rest. We're wondering how expensive this is.

Thank you. I sent my backpack ahead one time when walking the Frances when I wasn't feeling well. It was 5 euros with Correos. My husband and I are going to do the Portuguese Central this year. We 4 years older now (70 and 72), so considering transporting a duffel with some of our stuff combined, and carrying the rest. We're wondering how expensive this is.
You might try to contact one of the services directly with a query? Not sure how many on the forum will know this answer for you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I just walked the Portuguese and while I didn’t transport my bag some people I knew did and they used Top Santiago which was 8 euro a bag.

usually 7 or 8 € per bag, sometimes a discount for multiple bags or multiple days. Check with the providers for details, not all providers cover the Variante Espiritual

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just got price of €42 for 7 days transport from Tuitrans, starting from Tui, but we are staying overnight in Milladoiro. Would prefer to walk into Santiago in the cool of the evening instead of the heat of the late afternoon.

We just finished the Camino Portuguese a few days ago and used Caminofacil from Rubaies all the way to Santiago. It was around 7-8 euro per stage. Their service was great. Very responsive to inquiries. I even had to change the pickup location at one of the stops and they adjusted no problem. The one reason I chose them was the ease of finding the hotels on their site for each stage. Once you pick the city, their site shows all the hostels and albergues in that city so all you need to do is match it to where you are staying. It was helpful since I was doing it while on the Camino on my phone. Bom Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back