• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Backpack transport services

Rajy62

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013, Norte/primitivo 2014, vdlp (2015)
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel
Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.

Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.
Sorry to be so doom and gloom but the VDLP is a more remote and isolated experience. Well worth doing but the infrastructure is not as well-developed as the Frances for example.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As I said in the other thread you started, consider going ultralight and carrying your own backpack. Buen Camino! SY

Somebody just posted this link http://www.mochilasviadelaplata.com on another, German, Camino forum I am a member of. I have no idea if they are good or bad, never used them, but perhaps it is of help to you. Buen Camino! SY

Depending on when you go, you can get rid of a lot of weight by not taking things like jackets and heavy sleeping bags. However, there are not fountains every few kilometers like on the Camino Frances, so most of the weight will be water, which you should NOT go without at least 2 liters (unlike the one 8 oz bottle I carry on the Frances). This is a different type of walk altogether from the Frances. I've walked two stretches of it, and haven't yet seen anything about bag transport.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum