• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

BBC article regarding Spain's late mealtimes ...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is no doubt that going back to Spain's natural time zone would help balance worklife and family life, including putting an end to those long midday breaks (more used for house work for those who are lucky to be able to go home for lunch than to nap) that in the end cause issues with parents of young children you have to park them in after school programmes until late in the day, and then feed them in a mad rush before putting them to bed.

And for people walking the Caminos it would mean the end of 5 am alarm clocks and flashlights blinding those still hoping to sleep.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What is that little green strip on the Spain-Portugal border? According to the map it is correctly "zone timed", but is this part of the world on a different time zone than Portugal and Spain?

I think I'm following: so if legal vs local mean time is 2 h ahead, that would mean that the sun is overhead at 2 pm rather than noon? That would be genuinely confusing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was looking forward to late sunsets - I love how long the days are in the north in the summer and fall. It never crossed my mind to look up sunrise times ... and I am stunned. The sun won't be up until 8:41 in the morning mid-October in León!!! I thought some folks were being a bit extreme when they talked about waking up and packing in the dark. I guess I'll be joining them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum