Becoming more real.

Feb 26, 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
June 2018 Camino Frances and March Coastal Portugues
Tentative thoughts about the Camino this year have become firm. First the Camino Portugues to use up the credit for a trip based with a company in 2020, then to Logrono to walk our own Camino to Santiago. Wish us luck as we are two reckless geriatrics (76 and 82) and we have to win over our anxious children (6 of them)!! Every time I think about being there again, my heart skips with joy!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Teez,
What happy news this is. So glad that the two of you will be walking together soon. Do keep the rest of us posted on how your dual journey evolves.
Buen camino to you both.

malingerer

samarkand
Jan 28, 2014
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)
Tentative thoughts about the Camino this year have become firm. First the Camino Portugues to use up the credit for a trip based with a company in 2020, then to Logrono to walk our own Camino to Santiago. Wish us luck as we are two reckless geriatrics (76 and 82) and we have to win over our anxious children (6 of them)!! Every time I think about being there again, my heart skips with joy!
can you lay off this "geriatric " labelling :) me and my love dove ( I'm 84 in July and she is only 68 ) are doing a bitsa trip in April ! Some walkies, some public transport, some Albergues and much private accommodation :) Our end goal is Finisterre for private reasons and we have 3 weeks . Stay with the joy and buen camino :)

Samarkand.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Jul 14, 2012
Vanderbilt Beach and Estoril
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I am in that same age group as well. and I did the CP and part of CF some years ago when I was younger. I would love to hear why you have chosen Logrono as your starting point and the logistics you are dealing with to get there from SdC. There are some places that are a lot more accessible.

Reactions: lt56ny and mspath
Feb 26, 2018
June 2018 Camino Frances and March Coastal Portugues
I am in that same age group as well. and I did the CP and part of CF some years ago when I was younger. I would love to hear why you have chosen Logrono as your starting point and the logistics you are dealing with to get there from SdC. There are some places that are a lot more accessible.
My husband likes Logrono and the towns after it a lot and as he has come through radical robotic surgery for prostate cancer since our last Camino, I am happy to accede with this wish. We started from Pamplona last time and I don’t think either of us would manage the descent from the Alto this time. We are planning on a train from Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.