• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beginning my first Camino in SJPDP.

jeffrey grant

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2017)
I arrive in Paris on the 3rd of April, then down to Bayonne. I'll miss the last bus to SJPDP that night, so I'll need to stay overnight (not sure where), then arrive in SJPDP on the 4th. I take my first step on the Camino Frances the 6th! I've been planning for years and cannot wait to embrace this exciting chapter of my life and meet my Camino family along the way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Leave your fears and expectations at home, they get heavier as your travel date approaches anyway. May you have a memorable experience.

Buen Camino
No real fears, I've hike a lot on the Appalachian trail in the United states. I'm excited and already sad knowing it'll eventually end.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I arrive in Paris on the 3rd of April, then down to Bayonne. I'll miss the last bus to SJPDP that night, so I'll need to stay overnight (not sure where), then arrive in SJPDP on the 4th. I take my first step on the Camino Frances the 6th! I've been planning for years and cannot wait to embrace this exciting chapter of my life and meet my Camino family along the way.
From the train station in Bayonne, look straight ahead then cross the street to the buildings on the left. walk around the corner and there is a small and inexpensive hotel there. I have stayed before. They lock the building up at night, so tell them what time you are leaving in the morning.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You'll be welcome to SJPP. Dont forget to go to the pilgrims office 39 rue de la citadelle. The volunteers will give all advices you need to start your way

Jeffrey, you'll also be welcome in Roncesvalles; I will be working there as a hospitalera in that period. So if you have any questions, put them here or ask me in April ;-)
The route Napoleon over the Lepoeder pass will be opened as from April 1st if the weather permits, otherwise the Valcarlos route is a good alternative.

I will starting my first Camino April 30, starting in Astorga. I too, am excited and having a blast planning the trip. Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When you exit the Bayonne train station, there is a street to the left. Down that street there is a small bar on the right with inexpensive rooms above.

It looks like you have time to spend a few hours exploring Bayonne. It's a charming Basque town.

So excited for you Jeffrey :). I too will be on the Camino in April. The planning is so much fun and like you, this has been a dream of mine for way too many years. Buen camino.

I know how you feel. I’ve wanted to walk the Camino for years, read every book by people who have. Starting in a few weeks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I will arrive in Paris on the 3rd April too, will stay a few days in Paris as I've never been to. Then will take the train to SJPDP, haven't decided if I'll stop at Bordeaux or go straight to SJPDP. Our paths might crossed.

Hi Jeffrey! I will arrive on the 3rd of April in SJPP and start my Camino on the 5th. Maybe we will meet, but if not wish you a Buen Camino!

Hey Jeffrey! I’ll be on my 1st Camino starting April 1st. Been planning this 10 years now. Surely we shall meet. And look for Jorge, he’s starting out a day ahead of you! Will see you in Spain!😉

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back