• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best way to get fm Santiago de Compostela to Toulouse, Franc

Homer-Dog

What is the best, and hopefully cheapest, way to get from Santiago de Compostela to Toulouse, France? I'm open to buses, trains, and planes or any combination of the three.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
ALSA has buses. You may need to search through a connecting point like Pamplona.

Go to the Ryanair and Easyjet websites. There are three flights from Santiago to Madrid each day. If you want to do this all in one day then use the Ryanair 08.00 flight which arrives in Madrid at 9.05. Then the Easyjet 13.25 arriving at 14.50. With the other two flights you will need to stop overnight. Depending on when you plan to fly the cost can be well under 100 euros. Advance booking is advised because the nearer you get to the date the dearer it will be. Ange

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Another variation might be to get yourself to Porto in Portugal, and then catch a flight to Toulouse from there. This was an alternative airport used by some of the young ones I walked with, rather than leaving from Santiago, and they got themselves a much cheaper deal. (I think they used the train to get to Porto, but I could be muddled about that!)
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum