• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Betzanos to Hospital de Bruma

M

mdeh

This seems a bit of a long hike to me. I have 6 days to walk the camino , is there a way of splitting this journey? Also would there be accomodation to fit into this strategy. I would be graeful for your advice
Martyn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Martyn

Get a copy of the guide: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

The stage is a challenge. As you walk along you will see accommodation advertised on trees and so on. This accommodation is off the route and I haven't been able to visit yet. What most people who want to make the stage more manageable do is to stop at the Bar Julia at around 20 kms and have Antonio from Meson do vento pick them up and drop them back next day. This is all described in the guide.

John

I walked from Mino to Bruma in one go and it was a killer. On the advice of the tourist office in Betzanos, I decided to break the journey overnight at Abagondo (sp?), but I saw not a single sign on the path to alert me at the point I needed to go off-camino to get to this particular village/town, and so by the time I'd realised I'd overshot my intended destination it was too late to turn back. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was to come across Bar Julia, as I was feeling pretty sorry for myself at this juncture. The hospitality shown me by the owner - and a group of locals -was excellent and will live long in my memory. One thing to note is that it could be easy to miss the bar, as it doesn't have any external signage of note. Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This does, indeed, seem to be a stage with no accommodation. I shall be walking it in [hopefully] June next year. I have problems when walking over 18 Kms so will either need to find accommodation - or take a bus if, indeed, one exists.
Very odd that the Tourist Office suggested stopping in Abegando - you'd think they'd surely know of accommodation there, in order to suggest a stop.
Not knowing quite what will happen - that's part of the excitement of the camino!!
Good luck - and buen camino!

This is a long stage. Having said that, if you are in good walking condition it is quite do-able.

- or take a bus, if indeed one exists
Hi Stephen,
Do as John suggests. Book a bed in Meson de Vento and ask Antonio to pick you up at Bar Julia and take you back next day. You then walk on and stay with them again or if you want -pay your bill for one night + fares and stay at the Albergue in Bruma.
Works well!
Blessings
Tio Tel

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Reading in now all about the camino Inglès. My wife and I want to walk between 15 to 20 kms a day. We will start in Ferrol , walk to Valdoviño north of Ferrol (there will be our car and caravan at a camping site) from there we will walk to Neda etc.
After reaching Santiago we go back to Ferrol by bus and back to this camping .

Hi Stephen, Do as John suggests. Book a bed in Meson de Vento and ask Antonio to pick you up at Bar Julia and take you back next day. You then walk on and stay with them again or if you want -pay your bill for one night + fares and stay at the Albergue in Bruma. Works well! Blessings Tio Tel
Ooops! Only just seen this helpful comment, Terry!
Am now at the planning stage, and intend to do the "Bar Julia" option :)
I've got two weeks for the camino, and plan Ferrol > Bruma>bus to A Coruna>walk to Bruma>Santiago. My maximum day's distance seems to be 19 kms - perfect for an old timer! In that way I shall cover BOTH of the Camino Ingles routes.
Thanks for your help, and blessings from a cold [minus 3.5 deg] Suffolk.

Reading in now all about the camino Inglès. My wife and I want to walk between 15 to 20 kms a day. We will start in Ferrol , walk to Valdoviño north of Ferrol (there will be our car and caravan at a camping site) from there we will walk to Neda etc.
After reaching Santiago we go back to Ferrol by bus and back to this camping .
We used a mix of albergues and B&B in 2011 using Johnnie's guide and both the albergue and hotel stops suggested over 9 days, with 3 nights at Meson do Vento instead of the albergue at Bruma. Pick up and drop off at Casa Julia and again after Meson Novo at Calle de Poulo. This last one we realised we could have gone into Ordes, but half our stuff was on the Meson Novo's washing line.

Edit:- Return to the Camino May 2011 - blog posts covering the Camino Inglés.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back