• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beyond Thrilled To Walk El Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome to the forum Karen.
No matter how high your expectations may be for your first Camino, it will be even better than you imagine.

Have a great time and soak in all that Spain and the Camino has to offer.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Welcome Karen and Buen Camino!

The best advice I can give was given to me by an older walker, Have no expectations and you will have no disappointments.....to many I have met have these dreams after seeing a movie or reading someone elses Camino its yours and the Camino will look after you. Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi! I'm from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I'm starting from St. Jean Pied de Port June 2nd...filled with anticipation for this extraordinary journey. Buen Camino!!
Hi Karen, congrads on plans to walk the Camino Frances...yea. I'm from Durango and my wife and I have walked the French Way in 2015 and 2016. We have traveled a lot and lived in other countries over the years but preparing for and walking the Camino remains at the top of the list for lifetime experiences. I hope you love the experience (good and bad) as much as we did. A huge amount of information on this, some good and some not so good, all well intentioned. My $0.02, leave your expectations at home, pack light, my wife carried 13 lbs, 18 lbs (all up) with full water bladder, train for Colorado foot hills and some long 10-14 mile days. We walked in Keen hiking sandals and Wright socks, no blisters no problems. We took 45 days to walk our Camino, started out like and old couple (we are actually) for 3 weeks and finish like a young couple. There are a lot of really nice people that just waiting to meet you and walk with you. Have a great time, Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you WalkonBy (and fellow Coloradan!). Your kind words and advice are greatly appreciated. You are making me rethink my footwear as I may add a pair of walking sandals as a change out. My hiking shoes and boots are wonderfully broken in but I'm thinking the boots may be too hot for June? I wore them on the Colorado Trail last summer and had no trouble...but it was cooler for sure!! What do you think?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The best advice I can give was given to me by an older walker, Have no expectations and you will have no disappointments.....to many I have met have these dreams after seeing a movie or reading someone elses Camino its yours and the Camino will look after you. Buen Camino.
That is sound advice, thank you. Having expectations can be a real fun-killer! I will leave mine at home!! :D Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the forum Karen.
No matter how high your expectations may be for your first Camino, it will be even better than you imagine.

Have a great time and soak in all that Spain and the Camino has to offer.
Thank you for the advice....I am ready! Buen Camino to you as well!

That is sound advice, thank you. Having expectations can be a real fun-killer! I will leave mine at home!! :D Buen Camino!
The only expectation I have is that I am going to have an awesome time, meet awesome people and eat delicious food mmmm

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The only expectation I have is that I am going to have an awesome time, meet awesome people and eat delicious food mmmm
Me too!!! I think that we have the same realistic expectations there!!! Have a wonderful time!!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back