Bike from Saint Jean Pied De Port - Santiago De Compostela

John_Tillquist

Dec 5, 2010
Hi all,

Finally decided to do my journey in early July. I will probably go by bike and I have some questions regarding this.

- Regarding accommodation, is it hard to find a beds along the route in early July (can you book in advance)?
- Would like to bike from Santiago down to Lisbon once completed as well, anybody biked this route?
- I have found a site that sells bikes (http://www.mundicamino.com/) and would like to know if this is a good shop (price, service...)?
- Also, a quite odd question.I would like to know if there is any boxing clubs along the Camino Frances (I have time)?

Thanks in advance and thanks for a great forum!

Kind regards,
Johnny

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
D

Deleted member 3000

July is a busy time, so everyone worries about a bed. One of the disadvantages of a bicycle is that public albergues do not admit bicyclists until 6 p.m. in order to allow those on foot a chance for a bed. The theory is that a bicycle can travel another 5 km quite easily, while a hiker would be looking at walking another 1 1/2 hours. Private albergues and hostals/hotels may take reservations. Check the various internet sites for telephone and internet contact information. Good luck, particularly with the boxing.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello; I am a Spaniard who want to do the Camino from LeĂłn to Santiago this summer (2024). I am looking for some company to do the trip to Santiago, and I've thought that I could exchange some...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides