• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Blogging

Simon B

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
I am starting the VDLP on 22 March from Seville and want to 'blog' to keep friends and family informed of my progress. I quite happily did a blog in 2016 on the CF but the site I used now seems overly complicated. Can anybody recommend a site that provides free blogs and is simple to use?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've used Wordpress for ten years; it is quite flexible and you can do more or less with it as you wish. Easy to post from smartphones.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I use Google's Blogger (formerly Blogspot) for my travel blog. It works on Windows desktop and on my iPad and iPhone; however, there is no longer a native app version available from the App Store (I have been told that's due to a dispute between Apple and Google). I therefore use an app called "App for Blogger Blogspot," which works just fine. If you have an Android device you probably won't have a problem. Since I don't have an Android device, I can't recommend a smartphone app for that OS.

I use the app BlogTouch Pro (by Denk Alexandru) with my iPhone 5S which has quite a small screen. I switched to this recently, after the above mentioned dispute caused me problems i.e. I was unable to load photos onto my blog using my old app (App for Blogger Blogspot by An Tu). For a time, I tried Wordpress but I really didn't want to learn a new platform. Nor did I want to pay for any help or for a new domain name. BlogTouch Pro works well for me now, so I have abandoned Wordpress. (Wordpress constantly sends emails trying to persuade me to upgrade to their paid version, which I don't want to do!)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In addition to Wordpress, I can recommend Weebly. Their mobile app is excellent. If you only want to blog, I’d give the nod to Wordpress. If you might also want to build a website using an easy, drag and drop interface, then I heartily recommend Weebly.

Most read last week in this forum