• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking ahead

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are sure of your dates and want to stay in specific places then it may be worth booking. We booked O Meson Novo in Meson do Vento. There is a cancellation fee these days. (I think too many pilgrims booked and let them down :mad: .) Very friendly owners and they speak English too.
If you do book places anywhere then do let them know if you will be late or cannot make it.
Albergues cannot be booked - apart from some of the private ones.
Buen Camino

If you are sure of your dates and want to stay in specific places then it may be worth booking. We booked O Meson Novo in Meson do Vento. There is a cancellation fee these days. (I think too many pilgrims booked and let them down :mad: .) Very friendly owners and they speak English too.
If you do book places anywhere then do let them know if you will be late or cannot make it.
Albergues cannot be booked - apart from some of the private ones.
Buen Camino[/

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I will make a not of those thank you. We will perhaps just set off and see where we get to. We would like it to be a bit spontaneous, a bit of an adventure could be our last ! LOL

Plenty of advice inJohnnie Walker's guide to the Ingles,which you can download from the CSK website.

Be there first week October is it necessary to book ahead
Hi. I have just arrived in Santiago having finished the Inglés today. In my opinion the pilgrim infrastructure is no longer sufficient. The albergues at Pontedeume and Bruma for example were overfill, and there are not enough albergue places in Sigüeiro. So, yes, if you can afford it, book ahead. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked in May/June and stayed in Hostels/hotels and albergues with private rooms. I booked ALL nights before leaving the USA . I worried that it would not be spontanious but in the end most people we were hanging out with stopped in the same towns , so we would still have dinners together or sit at the plazas at night for a drink. I LOVED the fact that I didn't need to rush. I booked most with booking.com and only places that allowed 48 hrs cancellation just in case.I don't think you have to book ahead in October.....I just thought it was convenient :)
Enjoy your walk !

Last edited:
I walked in May/June and stayed in Hostels/hotels and albergues with private rooms. I booked ALL nights before leaving the USA . I worried that it would not be spontanious but in the end most people we were hanging out with stopped in the same towns , so we would still have dinners together or sit at the plazas at night for a drink. I LOVED the fact that I didn't need to rush. I booked most with booking.com and only places that allowed 48 hrs cancellation just in case.I don't think you have to book ahead in October.....I just thought it was convenient :)
Enjoy your walk !
Thank you, really looking forward to it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.