• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boy Wonder

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello, my name is George, an American living in Charleston, South Carolina and I’m planning to walk el Camino in the fall with my son. I’d like to start in Porto.

Welcome to the Forum, George. What a lovely way to be with your son, walking the Camino together!
It will be important for you to pay close attention to the response each country is making to the corona virus, and the extent to which they are making their sections of the Camino “open” for want of a better word, plus the logistics of international travel to and from Europe in these compromised times.

Happy planning! Keep an eye on the Forum for the latest information from the Camino.

All the best,
Paul

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome George,

Walking with your son. What a great experience. I wish you well.

My youngest son walked Coast to Coast with me in the UK (West to East) and his elder brother and I walked Hadrian's Wall East to West.
Great way to spend quality time with them. Not all plain sailing though, I was told my 'banter' was poor by the eldest and couldn't keep up with the youngest....hey ho....

The walk from Porto is very enjoyable. A little gem, I found during my planning for it is The Portuguese Way To Santiago de Compostela, published by FROM PORTUGAL.com, lovely little book.

Our family Camino Primitivo planned for this year is on hold to 2021, all being well.

Enjoy the time with your son, It will be a memorable experience.

Best wishes,

Paul

I couldn't get my son, or either of my daughters, to go with me. Something about them having families of their own and needing to provide for them. Maybe by 2021 I can get one of them to go with me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome and congratulations on setting your sights on Compostela with your son. Buen Camino!

Welcome and I hope your plans will work out 👍
Just a side note - LOVE your town; always spend a full day there every year (we usually vacation in Murrell's Inlet, so make a fast run 😁)
Glad to have you here
Buen Camino 👋

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Greetings to everyone, my name is Emre, I am actually from Turkey but I am currently doing an internship in Paris. I have had experience with routes such as the Lycian Way before, so I think I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.