• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boy Wonder

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello, my name is George, an American living in Charleston, South Carolina and I’m planning to walk el Camino in the fall with my son. I’d like to start in Porto.

Welcome to the Forum, George. What a lovely way to be with your son, walking the Camino together!
It will be important for you to pay close attention to the response each country is making to the corona virus, and the extent to which they are making their sections of the Camino “open” for want of a better word, plus the logistics of international travel to and from Europe in these compromised times.

Happy planning! Keep an eye on the Forum for the latest information from the Camino.

All the best,
Paul

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome George,

Walking with your son. What a great experience. I wish you well.

My youngest son walked Coast to Coast with me in the UK (West to East) and his elder brother and I walked Hadrian's Wall East to West.
Great way to spend quality time with them. Not all plain sailing though, I was told my 'banter' was poor by the eldest and couldn't keep up with the youngest....hey ho....

The walk from Porto is very enjoyable. A little gem, I found during my planning for it is The Portuguese Way To Santiago de Compostela, published by FROM PORTUGAL.com, lovely little book.

Our family Camino Primitivo planned for this year is on hold to 2021, all being well.

Enjoy the time with your son, It will be a memorable experience.

Best wishes,

Paul

I couldn't get my son, or either of my daughters, to go with me. Something about them having families of their own and needing to provide for them. Maybe by 2021 I can get one of them to go with me.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome and congratulations on setting your sights on Compostela with your son. Buen Camino!

Welcome and I hope your plans will work out 👍
Just a side note - LOVE your town; always spend a full day there every year (we usually vacation in Murrell's Inlet, so make a fast run 😁)
Glad to have you here
Buen Camino 👋

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.