• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brad walking May 13-June 19, 2006

Brad Chatellier

Hello everyone, I'm planning on walking the Camino, from SJPdP to Santiago and Finisterre from May 13 - June 19 this year.

I'm 35 years old and live near San Francisco, California in the U.S.

Cheers :)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Brad,
Funny enough I have just booked my ticket today, and will also be travelling around the 13th May, I am from Melbourne AUSTRALIA.
What got you started on this journey? My friend went three years ago, and I decided I wanted to visit spain this year, and the thought came up that i should do this, so here i am i have decided. I just have to get off the computer and will finsh this post in 5.
Jessica :lol:

Hi Brad (again).
I plan on being in SJPDP 13th May give or take a day.
I am also pgoing to be visiting the States later on in the year. Chat soon.
Jessica AUSTRALIA :lol:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
hello,
I'm also planning to walk el camino this may/june starting from SJPP. interestingly enough I will be flying out from SFO after visiting with a friend there for ahile, but at the moment I'm currently in Australia! I felt a connection to these posts for some reason.

Anyway, I've just started to get my planning underway. Brad-where are you flying into and how are you getting to SJPP? I think that is my biggest question is just about negotiating flights etc and the timing of the walk itself-how many weeks to give it.

are you guys bringing tents/sleeping bags? what kind of shoes?

gracias, maybe I'll see you!

Zoey

Hi,

I will leaving the Biarritz airport on the 1th of May. I have a bike and have decided to take a taxi around 3:30pm. 75 Euros. You are welcome to share.

Larry

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buying the ticket is the best feeling. Hitting "purchase" and waiting for the confirmation screen, there's just a sense of finality, of no turning back. It's very exhilirating.

I did it all the way back in October, and I'm not even leaving for SJPdP until July. Is anyone else leaving from St. Jean on July 3rd? My friend and I have booked into an little gite for that night since we'll be getting in late. It can be reached on the net at: http://www.espritduchemin.org/

Those calculating in their heads also know that means we'll be in Pamplona for San Fermin. We've already booked a few nights in a little hostel there.

I can't wait. I love my job (I teach high school), but I've never been more excited for summer break in my life, even when I was a student myself.

Grant

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back