• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brand new albergue in Rabe (outside of Burgos)

Just a quick note to let folks know that there is a brand spanking new albergue in Rabe de las Calzadas, which opened in August 8, 2009. Liberanos Domine (I think) It is a nice, clean, comfy albergue, 8 euro for bed, 8 for a home-made dinner, & 2 for breakfast. Holds about 24 people. The hospitalera is Anita. It opens at 12 & you can get more info about it from the bar (very friendly owner) in town. Anita doesn´t live in the albergue, but does live close by & her number is posted in the albergue.

So if you just can´t get excited about walking to Hornillos, you can stop at this new albergue in Rabe.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just want to add to this :

Anita is a lovely, gentle, kind woman who drove us back into Burgos when my daughter's hamstring gave out. She was driving to the hospital to see her mother, who was seriously ill - yet the night before she had made her pilgrims a lovely (veggie !) meal and had made us all feel welcome in her quiet cheerful way.

She's at the top of the village, on the left, on the way out of town - if anyone stays there, please say thank you again, from us.

chinacat

We stayed here too. Lovely place and good food. The angry French woman came out just as we were approaching it and tried to convince us that we were making a mistake. Ha! She sat out at her table and glowered at us when we went for a walk around the town.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The new albergue in Rabe is excellent. There is a lot of tension between the older one and the new one, with most of the signs announcing the opening of the new one vandalized, probably not by neutral parties. Pilgrims entering town and heading left to the bar are steered to the new albergue, since they are family members! Rabe used to be too close to the now-closed albergue in the park in Burgos to be a "day's walk", but now is a proper distance from the new albergue by the cathedral, particularly for pilgrims who linger in Burgos until the afternoon. Therefore, there probably is enough business for the two competitors in Rabe if they just relax! Relaxed Spanish competitors. That could be an oxymoron.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks everyone that's great news. It is my first time doing the walk. Someone told me that shuttle buses were available from town to town. Does anyone know about that? suzielin

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There aren't shuttle buses per se, but regular buses that run from town to town (most of them, anyway). I believe the closest bus that stops near Rabe stops in Tardajos. You can get information on them from the Tourist Offices (Turismos) or in the bus stations themselves. I believe bus/train schedules in Spain are called "horarios."

dg

falcon269 said:
The new albergue in Rabe is excellent. There is a lot of tension between the older one and the new one, with most of the signs announcing the opening of the new one vandalized, probably not by neutral parties. Pilgrims entering town and heading left to the bar are steered to the new albergue, since they are family members! Rabe used to be too close to the now-closed albergue in the park in Burgos to be a "day's walk", but now is a proper distance from the new albergue by the cathedral, particularly for pilgrims who linger in Burgos until the afternoon. Therefore, there probably is enough business for the two competitors in Rabe if they just relax! Relaxed Spanish competitors. That could be an oxymoron.

Thought I would add my 10 cents Falcon, after you mentioned the 'Tension' in a recent thread.

I was cornered by an irate French woman last year after I had booked in to the new Albergue - she asked why I had gone to the other Albergue and not to hers. The answer was simple , the New albergue was open at 12 noon and I wanted a short day - the French woman only opened a little later - There was no malice or calculations on my behalf.
But , she just would not let it go. She continued to 'bad mouth, the new albergue and the whole town in fact , including the 'Mafia'.
She showed me her Albergue which was great with plenty of character. There was a large atrium with paintings , photos and framed Camino memorabilia. I wanted a closer look but my request was denied because I was not a resident.
I can't help feeling a little sorry for this bitter woman though consider this ....
She is French and a Spiritualist ....... and she lives in a small Catholic town in Spain ; its not difficult to spot the odd one out.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.