A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Budget: avg price for Alburgue on Camino Primitivo?

SarahM

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (Oct 2018)
I'll be starting my walk on Monday, Oct 8th, from Oviedo, and planning to land in.. Grado, I believe....or? Any recommendations for an alburgue that night, and what should I plan on, for average price of alburguea for October 2018?

WayneG

Beginning life
Camino(s) past & future
Oct. 2017 - Camino Frances
Sept. 2018 - Camino Portugese
2019 - planning for de Norte/Prim
Don't plan! the camino will provide. Enjoy.......

MaurizioC

Camino(s) past & future
frances 2017
Salvador-primitivo 2017
La plata 2018
Ingles 2018
Le puy santiago2018/2019
Last year from 5 to 10 €, Albergue Villa de Grado is ok,

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi Sarah,

I walked the Camino Primitivo this June. The public albergues are average 6 €, private albergues usually between 10 and 12 €. Only "Casa Sanchez" in Grandas de Salime (13 €) and "the last stamp" in Santiago (18 €) were a bit more expensive.

In Grado there is a public and a private albergue. But there are also some "Hostales" which cost about 15 €/night.

If you want to have an easy start, you may just walk from Oviedo to Escamplero (13 km). There is a simple public albergue and a very luxury private accomodation (El Tendejón de Fernando). A friend of mine stayed there this may and said it was a treat.

There is also a new private albergue in a village at about 18 km from Oviedo.

BC
Alexandra

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Started from Oviedo on a rainy day so decided to stop early in Escamplero at the public albergue. It was cheap and no frills, with several small rooms of 4 bunks each. My son and I were the only ones staying that night in late April. We picked up the key at a wonderful bar/restaurant and had a delicious hot lunch while there which was perfect on that damp, chilly day!

Davidmm

Camino(s) past & future
(2017)
My wife and I have just walked the Primitivo, on a budget of 30€ a day for the 2 of us. We slowed down where necessary to make use of the Municipal Albergues. We carry our own sheets and Sleeping Bags. We ate from the supermarket, and still stopped at the bars when available for our morning coffee

Pato777

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2015 and 2018 October >
I'll be starting my walk on Monday, Oct 8th, from Oviedo, and planning to land in.. Grado, I believe....or? Any recommendations for an alburgue that night, and what should I plan on, for average price of alburguea for October 2018?
My wife and I have just walked the Primitivo, on a budget of 30€ a day for the 2 of us. We slowed down where necessary to make use of the Municipal Albergues. We carry our own sheets and Sleeping Bags. We ate from the supermarket, and still stopped at the bars when available for our morning coffee

Pato777

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2015 and 2018 October >
Grado's council run hostel is great. Has been booked early afternoon. So try get there by 2. There're private ones too. If you stop at salas, there is a nice one for 10 euro, including breakfast. It's called el rey casto.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%