Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for advice for Camino Primitivo

QuitoKid

Time of past OR future Camino
May 1, 2024
Hello to All !!
My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high altitude hike in Peru (4,000 - 5,000 m above sea level, 110 km; 8 days) and consequently, have no deadline or time limit to complete this walk. We’ve noticed that most guide companies and even the guide in this forum looks at people completing the walk in 13-14 days. Again, since we are retired, we are in no rush and are contemplating averaging around 15 km/day with a maximum of 20 km/day but could do more if accommodations are limited. Our idea is to take our time, enjoy the scenery, meet other walkers & locals, enjoy the food, etc. and not kill ourselves by walking 7 hr days (did that on the Peru hike). We are looking at possibly 20-22 days including 2 rest days; we’ve identified Lugo as a rest place further in the trip but need a recommendation for another rest place earlier on in this walk. Our idea is to arrange our own accommodations either it be pensions/hostals/hotels - is their a website (possibly in this forum) that list accommodations for the CaminoPrimitivo or just use booking.com ? Also, I have been lead to believe that arranging luggage transportation is quite easy and can be done at the start of the walk in Oviedo or at each pension/hostal/hotel for the next place of stay. This is a once in a life time trip and we want to enjoy ourselves and not rush this walk; also, it is more than likely that we will probably not be returning to do another Camino Walk since our bucket list is quite long but if there is one thing I’ve learnt in my life time is “never say never” !! My wife and I would appreciate it if one of the forum members would be willing to recommend an itinerary for 20-22 days with two rest days and an average of 15 km/day. Or any other suggestion or comment would be appreciated.
Gracias - Bruce

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can find accommodation listings in the Online Guide (beta) in this Forum. Gronze.com also has accommodation listings. It's in Spanish but the Chrome browser can translate it for you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
itinerary for 20-22 days with two rest days and an average of 15 km/day.
This is not hard for you to sketch out yourself, so I would use the Gronze resource that @David Tallan recommends. It shows the “typical” stages, but with the map and listings you can easily shorten them to your own tastes. There are schematic maps with distances between towns and a listing of accommodation in each place. Take a look at the first stage from Oviedo to Grado, for instance — it shows that it’s 25 kms, and that there are places to stay at Escamplero and Paladín in between.

You do not need a tour company. It is very simple just to walk in your own and stop when you wish. You don't even need to make reservations.

If you are planning to ship your bags, you will need reservations and just be aware that some albergues don't allow bag transfer. Your transfer company will guide you on that if you choose bag shipping.

Godesalco is a good site for planning stages:

I use it in conjunction with Gronze, which is only on Spanish, but if you use the Chrome browser it will automatically translate to English or the language of your choice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Camino Taxi might be best for shipping your baggage. I had a rest day at Lugo and wished I had made one before then.
15 days for the Primitivo for a boomer was quite a struggle at times, even without a backpack.

Good luck and Buen Camino

You do not need a tour company. It is very simple just to walk in your own and stop when you wish. You don't even need to make reservations.

If you are planning to ship your bags, you will need reservations and just be aware that some albergues don't allow bag transfer. Your transfer company will guide you on that if you choose bag shipping.
I would make reservations if you plan to stay at Bodenaya or Samblismo as they are small and popular. Aside from those you probably won’t need to. The latter is ideal if walking the Hospitales route and trying to minimize miles.

There are a number of places before Lugo where you could decide as you go to opt for a rest stop. And if you prefer 15 km daily A Pocina de Muniz in Vilar de Cas is about that far from Lugo. It may have the nicest albergue accommodations I’ve experienced, a lovely rural stop with an outdoor bar, excellent dinner, and complimentary locally distilled after dinner drinks.

Paladin 19.6 km from Oviedo is similar - rural with good outdoor bar/restaurant - if you don’t want to go over 20 km especially your first day.

Your trip sounds wonderful.
I suggest you both stay flexible, mentally and physically, especially with baggage transfer, of which may prove frustrating and fill you day with some anxiety....if it is a short day carry your pack. Forget the tour companies and do not discount the albergues they are fun.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello to All !!
My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high altitude hike in Peru (4,000 - 5,000 m above sea level, 110 km; 8 days) and consequently, have no deadline or time limit to complete this walk. We’ve noticed that most guide companies and even the guide in this forum looks at people completing the walk in 13-14 days. Again, since we are retired, we are in no rush and are contemplating averaging around 15 km/day with a maximum of 20 km/day but could do more if accommodations are limited. Our idea is to take our time, enjoy the scenery, meet other walkers & locals, enjoy the food, etc. and not kill ourselves by walking 7 hr days (did that on the Peru hike). We are looking at possibly 20-22 days including 2 rest days; we’ve identified Lugo as a rest place further in the trip but need a recommendation for another rest place earlier on in this walk. Our idea is to arrange our own accommodations either it be pensions/hostals/hotels - is their a website (possibly in this forum) that list accommodations for the CaminoPrimitivo or just use booking.com ? Also, I have been lead to believe that arranging luggage transportation is quite easy and can be done at the start of the walk in Oviedo or at each pension/hostal/hotel for the next place of stay. This is a once in a life time trip and we want to enjoy ourselves and not rush this walk; also, it is more than likely that we will probably not be returning to do another Camino Walk since our bucket list is quite long but if there is one thing I’ve learnt in my life time is “never say never” !! My wife and I would appreciate it if one of the forum members would be willing to recommend an itinerary for 20-22 days with two rest days and an average of 15 km/day. Or any other suggestion or comment would be appreciated.
Gracias - Bruce
You can break up you walk to Lugo by staying at Pociña de Muñiz. It’s such a beautiful place with amazing owners. We’ll be there in June. Can’t wait to get back to stay there. Such a great and relaxing vibe.

Hi, we are 8 mature ladies walking the Primitivo in Sep. As we are a group we are booking ahead, and taking 19 days from Oviedo to Santiago. We are having 2 bags transferred, which we will all use for our heavy toiletries etc. Anyway, the point is, Correos Rucksack Transfer charges a set price, whether you take 13 days or 23 days. All the other bag transfer services charge per day, which is fine if you are just taking each day as it comes, but is a lot more expensive overall.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Quick points:

Re luggage: TaxiCamino charges 5 Euro/day, and will take your bag from accommodation to accommodation, as long as that spot accepts bags. It's generally helpful to have a reservation where you're going, which means that you won't be able to ship to a municipal albergue. Samblisimo and Bodenaya (and I think Pocina de Muniz) are all donativos or private, so hopefully you can reserve there. They are easily reached via WhatsApp, and their envelopes are in many of the lodgings along the way. TaxiCamino will recommend someone else to you once you get to the Frances at Melide.

For any luggage site, including Correos, be sure they pick up from where you are and deliver to where you're going.

On the Frances, some albergues won't accept hard sided suitcases, but all will accept backpacks, *if* they accept luggage at all. Tour companies know this, but individual travelers need to be aware. I don't *think* any albergues on the Primitivo have this restriction, but I cannot say.

Gronze and Godesalco will help you plan short stages, but using Buen Camino for the Primitivo will do that, too. They're only missing one or two spots. Wise Pilgrim is another handy app for planning, and both apps have offline maps, which you can use with your phone in airplane mode to keep track of where you are relative to the Camino. Since I tended to get lost leaving several towns, particularly in the dark, this was helpful ;-)

Re a second rest day....sort of depends on what you want around you during that day. Perhaps Grandes de Salime (or even Embalse de Salime, if you don't mind the views over the dam). But absolutely take one in Lugo, you'll not regret it ;-)

Buen Camino!

Here's a possibility to get your creative juices flowing. It does NOT include another rest day as per your request, but instead has some shorter days to keep all days as close to a 15-20km max as possible.
LEISURELY PRIMITIVO
Oviedo to….km
1Escamplero (visit Santa Maria del Naranco and SanMiguel de Lillo on the way)12.6
2Grado13.2
3Cornellana (stay in the thousand year old monastery)11.4
4Bodenaya18.7
5Tineo12.6
6Borres16
7Penaseita13.8
8Berducedo15.4
9Vistalegre14.9
10Castro (visit the Ethnographic Museum in Grandas on the way)10.4
11A Fonsagrada20.1
12O Pineiral8.7
13O Cadavo16
14Vilar de Cas (A Pocina de Muniz)15
15Lugo15.9
16Lugo
17San Roman de Retorta18.6
18As Seixas14.1
19Melide14.8
20Arzua14.4
21O Pedrouzo18.6
22Santiago20.3

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here's a possibility to get your creative juices flowing. It does NOT include another rest day as per your request, but instead has some shorter days to keep all days as close to a 15-20km max as possible.
LEISURELY PRIMITIVO
Oviedo to….km
1Escamplero (visit Santa Maria del Naranco and SanMiguel de Lillo on the way)12.6
2Grado13.2
3Cornellana (stay in the thousand year old monastery)11.4
4Bodenaya18.7
5Tineo12.6
6Borres16
7Penaseita13.8
8Berducedo15.4
9Vistalegre14.9
10Castro (visit the Ethnographic Museum in Grandas on the way)10.4
11A Fonsagrada20.1
12O Pineiral8.7
13O Cadavo16
14Vilar de Cas (A Pocina de Muniz)15
15Lugo15.9
16Lugo
17San Roman de Retorta18.6
18As Seixas14.1
19Melide14.8
20Arzua14.4
21O Pedrouzo18.6
22Santiago20.3
I am *so* stealing this for when/if a redo of the Primitivo makes it back onto my ever expanding bucket list ;-)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
which means that you won't be able to ship to a municipal albergue.
Correos has accepted both Escamplero and Cornellano albergues in our drop off and pick up itinerary . . . In fact, both options were on their default list . . .

Last edited:
You can find accommodation listings in the Online Guide (beta) in this Forum. Gronze.com also has accommodation listings. It's in Spanish but the Chrome browser can translate it for you.
Thank you Dave; I’ll check the online guide in this forum. I live in South America, so luckily Spanish is not a problem. Thanks again.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
To all of the above who have responded to my questions - all I can say is thank you. I am a neophyte when it comes to these kind of forums and my mother taught me to respond to others peoples responses, so forgive me if this is not proper forum etiquette. Let me check the links and sites recommended and I’ll get back if I have any questions.
Peregrinna2000/trecile - I’ve already checked out Gronze and will use their itinerary with what kiwi_family suggested to come up with our own tentative plan
Jwilliams/Gary - unfortunately I am an engineer, so it’s hard for me to do anything without a plan but I’ll take your advice and try to be flexible. I guess my > 60 helped identify me a a baby boomer … wish I was generation z then I’d just take a toothbrush & knickers and head on out without a worry like sr. tincattinker
FrJimKingcsc - thanks for your tips re: places to reserve and stay …. I like the Paladin suggestion.
Bexster S- thanks for the recommendation on where to stay near Lugo
Jsalt & dbier - great info on the luggage transfer. I need to research the possible apps for offline maps because I have a tendency in getting lost and taking the wrong turn. Regarding the 1st rest stop ( Salime) , I’ll give this a look & some thought
Kiwi_family - wonderful stuff/precious information; much appreciated. I spent a month in your country in 1984 - hitched hiked everywhere I went - probably the most beautiful country in the world and being Canadian that’s tough to say.
Shefollowsarrows - 9 caminos; you obviously must love Spain (I think everyone does) and I wish you many more caminos.
Again thank you and stay tuned for more question, I sure ……

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I guess my > 60 helped identify me a a baby boomer … wish I was generation z then I’d just take a toothbrush & knickers and head on out without a worry like sr. tincattinker
Lots of us youngsters like @Tincatinker barely made it into the early end of the boomer club, but still pack light enough to carry our stuff. (It is amazing how that freedom brings back a sense of youth.)

Here is a 22 day itinerary my wife, Jennifer, put together, Oviedo to Santiago, for last autumn.

From Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela through the Camino Primitivo
The table shows dates, stages, lodgings, partial and cumulative distances, altitudes, local sunrise and sunset times, solar noon and percentage of moon illumination at sunset.
The detours to off-route places have not been added to the stage distances.

Summary
Longest stage: Castro - A Fonsagrada: 21 km
Shortest stage: Grandas de Salime - Castro: 5.2 km
Total distance: 316.4 km.
Stages: 22.
Average: 14.4 km per travel day.
Departure: Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
Arrival: Wednesday, October 18, 2023.

Day - Stage - Lodgings - Partial - Total - End altitude - Sun - Moon
1) We, Sep/27/2023 Oviedo - Venta del Escamplero A 12.6 km 12.6 km 243 m 8:14 / 14:14 / 20:14 96 %
2) Th, Sep/28/2023 Venta del Escamplero - Grado 2A, 2H 13.2 km 25.8 km 67 m 8:16 / 14:14 / 20:13 99 %
3) Fr, Sep/29/2023 Grado - Cornellana R, M, H 11.4 km 37.2 km 49 m 8:17 / 14:15 / 20:11 100 %
4) Sa, Sep/30/2023 Cornellana - Porciles A 16.7 km 53.9 km 649 m 8:19 / 14:15 / 20:10 97 %
5) Su, Oct/1/2023 Porciles - Tineo 2A, 4H, 3T 14.6 km 68.5 km 671 m 8:21 / 14:15 / 20:09 93 %
6) Mo, Oct/2/2023 Tineo - Borres 2A 16 km 84.5 km 636 m 8:22 / 14:15 / 20:08 86 %
7) Tu, Oct/3/2023 Borres - PeñaseitaA, H 13.8 km 98.3 km 626 m 8:24 / 14:15 / 20:06 77 %
8) We, Oct/4/2023 Peñaseita - Berducedo 3A, M 15.4 km 113.7 km 901 m 8:25 / 14:15 / 20:05 68 %
9) Th, Oct/5/2023 Berducedo - Grandas de Salime 3A, 3H, T 20.1 km 133.8 km 564 m 8:27 / 14:15 / 20:04 58 %
10) Fr, Oct/6/2023 Grandas de Salime - Castro J, H 5.2 km 139 km 673 m 8:28 / 14:15 / 20:02 48 %
11) Sa, Oct/7/2023 Castro - A Fonsagrada 4A, 3H, C 21 km 160 km 960 m 8:30 / 14:16 / 20:01 39 %
12) Su, Oct/8/2023 A Fonsagrada - O Piñeiral (FR 0,6 km) A/H 8.7 km 168.7 km 877 m 8:32 / 14:15 / 19:59 30 %
13) Mo, Oct/9/2023 O Piñeiral (FR 0,6 km) - Cádavo-Baleira 3A, 2H 16 km 184.7 km 724 m 8:33 / 14:16 / 19:58 22 %
14) Tu, Oct/10/2023 Cádavo-Baleira - Vilar de Cas A 15 km 199.7 km 516 m 8:34 / 14:16 / 19:57 14 %
15) We, Oct/11/2023 Vilar de Cas - Lugo 4A, J, 5H+ 15.9 km 215.6 km 463 m 8:36 / 14:17 / 19:56 8 %
16) Th, Oct/12/2023 Lugo - San Román de Retorta 2A, M 18.6 km 234.2 km 574 m 8:38 / 14:17 / 19:55 4 %
17) Fr, Oct/13/2023 San Román de Retorta - As Seixas 2A 14.1 km 248.3 km 591 m 8:40 / 14:17 / 19:54 1 %
18) Sa, Oct/14/2023 As Seixas - Melide 12A, M, 5H+ 14.8 km 263.1 km 455 m 8:42 / 14:18 / 19:53 0 %
19) Su, Oct/15/2023 Melide - Arzúa 17A, 5H+ 14.4 km 277.5 km 388 m 8:43 / 14:18 / 19:52 1 %
20) Mo, Oct/16/2023 Arzúa - A Rúa (O Pino) A, 4H, C 17.9 km 295.4 km 277 m 8:45 / 14:19 / 19:5 14 %
21) Tu, Oct/17/2023 A Rúa (O Pino) - Lavacolla A, 2M, 5H, T 10.7 km 306.1 km 298 m 8:47 / 14:19 / 19:50 9 %
22) We, Oct/18/2023 Lavacolla - Santiago de Compostela R, 20A, 5H+, C 10.3 km 316.4 km 260 m 8:49 / 14:19 / 19:49 16 %

Abbreviations
A: public, non-profit or private pilgrim-oriented hostel.
H: hotel.
R: lodging in parishes, convents or religious communities.
M: guest rooms.
T: apartment or full rental house.
J: youth hostel or student residence.
C: campsite.
FR: off-route.

File generated by Godesalco.com for K******k on 2023-03-05 at 09:16:09 GMT.
Last data update: 2022-12-29 12:00:37 GMT.
You can use the contact form to make your own contributions.
If Godesalco.com has helped you, you can make a donation to show your love. Thanks!
=================

So, obviously, the sunrise, sunsets, local solar noon, and the percentage of light from the moon will vary with your May starting date. Godesalco can give you the updated info when you punch in your starting date, etc.

Buen camino! -Kim McCoy

I guess my > 60 helped identify me a a baby boomer … wish I was generation z then I’d just take a toothbrush & knickers and head on out without a worry like sr. tincattinker
I'm not sure of Tincatinker's exact age, but the fact that he has described traveling Spain solo when Franco was still in charge makes me think that it is likely he is not Generation Z.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello to All !!
Gracias - Bruce
On this page https://guiavisualdelcaminoprimitivo.es/ingles index.htm you find some advises for the stages.
I walked primitivo last september, use Gronze and Buen Camino app. There you can find informations about albergues. I just sent them e-mail to make a reservation for the bed.

Hello to All !!
Gracias - Bruce
Bruce,
My wife and I hiked the Camino Notre to the Primitivo to Santiago last May/June. We are both mature hikers, and we took our time as well (20 days). We arranged our own accommodations. We'd be happy to share our itinerary with you if you'd like to see it (email address removed by moderator. Please use private message to contact other forum members.) If we could recommend only one place to stay, it would be A Pocina de Muniz (outside of Castroverde). The most memorable night of the whole Camino. We got one of the two private rooms. Wonderful facility; wonderful family. For three generations they've been hosting pilgrims, and all three generations were present that night. Wonderful communal meal; wonderful dinner conversation. We'd go back in a second if we could.
We arranged our luggage transport through the Spanish Postal Service - Correos. We'd drop it in the lobby of wherever we were staying by 8 am, and it would be at our next stay before we arrived. Never had an issue, and when we had questions they promptly responded to assure us all was well (and it was). Can't say enough about how smoothly that went.
Stay safe,
Pete (and Gerri)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What worried me was his use of the word ‘knickers’ 😳

I’d always assumed you were male, @Tincatinker ….
I’ve always assumed the same 😉 Whenever, as a lad, I was getting exasperated by an “untrainable” dog or a puzzle piece that wouldn’t fit Grandma would advise me to “keep [my] knickers on”. Advice I’ve followed, when practical, all my life 😉

I’ve always assumed the same 😉 Whenever, as a lad, I was getting exasperated by an “untrainable” dog or a puzzle piece that wouldn’t fit Grandma would advise me to “keep [my] knickers on”. Advice I’ve followed, when practical, all my life 😉
I've also heard that one should not tie them in a knot.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Camino Taxi might be best for shipping your baggage. I had a rest day at Lugo and wished I had made one before then.
15 days for the Primitivo for a boomer was quite a struggle at times, even without a backpack.

Good luck and Buen Camino
Gary - any recommendations on where that first stop would be now that you’ve done the Camino Norte ? Others have recommended Salime

Here is a 22 day itinerary my wife, Jennifer, put together, Oviedo to Santiago, for last autumn.

The table shows dates, stages, lodgings, partial and cumulative distances, altitudes, local sunrise and sunset times, solar noon and percentage of moon illumination at sunset.

Summary

1) We, Sep/27/2023 Oviedo - Venta del Escamplero A 12.6 km 12.6 km 243 m 8:14 / 14:14 / 20:14 96 %
2) Th, Sep/28/2023 Venta del Escamplero - Grado 2A, 2H 13.2 km 25.8 km 67 m 8:16 / 14:14 / 20:13 99 %
3) Fr, Sep/29/2023 Grado - Cornellana R, M, H 11.4 km 37.2 km 49 m 8:17 / 14:15 / 20:11 100 %
4) Sa, Sep/30/2023 Cornellana - Porciles A 16.7 km 53.9 km 649 m 8:19 / 14:15 / 20:10 97 %
5) Su, Oct/1/2023 Porciles - Tineo 2A, 4H, 3T 14.6 km 68.5 km 671 m 8:21 / 14:15 / 20:09 93 %
6) Mo, Oct/2/2023 Tineo - Borres 2A 16 km 84.5 km 636 m 8:22 / 14:15 / 20:08 86 %
7) Tu, Oct/3/2023 Borres - PeñaseitaA, H 13.8 km 98.3 km 626 m 8:24 / 14:15 / 20:06 77 %
8) We, Oct/4/2023 Peñaseita - Berducedo 3A, M 15.4 km 113.7 km 901 m 8:25 / 14:15 / 20:05 68 %
9) Th, Oct/5/2023 Berducedo - Grandas de Salime 3A, 3H, T 20.1 km 133.8 km 564 m 8:27 / 14:15 / 20:04 58 %
10) Fr, Oct/6/2023 Grandas de Salime - Castro J, H 5.2 km 139 km 673 m 8:28 / 14:15 / 20:02 48 %
11) Sa, Oct/7/2023 Castro - A Fonsagrada 4A, 3H, C 21 km 160 km 960 m 8:30 / 14:16 / 20:01 39 %
12) Su, Oct/8/2023 A Fonsagrada - O Piñeiral (FR 0,6 km) A/H 8.7 km 168.7 km 877 m 8:32 / 14:15 / 19:59 30 %
13) Mo, Oct/9/2023 O Piñeiral (FR 0,6 km) - Cádavo-Baleira 3A, 2H 16 km 184.7 km 724 m 8:33 / 14:16 / 19:58 22 %
14) Tu, Oct/10/2023 Cádavo-Baleira - Vilar de Cas A 15 km 199.7 km 516 m 8:34 / 14:16 / 19:57 14 %
15) We, Oct/11/2023 Vilar de Cas - Lugo 4A, J, 5H+ 15.9 km 215.6 km 463 m 8:36 / 14:17 / 19:56 8 %
16) Th, Oct/12/2023 Lugo - San Román de Retorta 2A, M 18.6 km 234.2 km 574 m 8:38 / 14:17 / 19:55 4 %
17) Fr, Oct/13/2023 San Román de Retorta - As Seixas 2A 14.1 km 248.3 km 591 m 8:40 / 14:17 / 19:54 1 %
18) Sa, Oct/14/2023 As Seixas - Melide 12A, M, 5H+ 14.8 km 263.1 km 455 m 8:42 / 14:18 / 19:53 0 %
19) Su, Oct/15/2023 Melide - Arzúa 17A, 5H+ 14.4 km 277.5 km 388 m 8:43 / 14:18 / 19:52 1 %
20) Mo, Oct/16/2023 Arzúa - A Rúa (O Pino) A, 4H, C 17.9 km 295.4 km 277 m 8:45 / 14:19 / 19:5 14 %
21) Tu, Oct/17/2023 A Rúa (O Pino) - Lavacolla A, 2M, 5H, T 10.7 km 306.1 km 298 m 8:47 / 14:19 / 19:50 9 %
22) We, Oct/18/2023 Lavacolla - Santiago de Compostela R, 20A, 5H+, C 10.3 km 316.4 km 260 m 8:49 / 14:19 / 19:49 16 %

Abbreviations

If Godesalco.com has helped you, you can make a donation to show your love. Thanks!
=================

So, obviously, the sunrise, sunsets, local solar noon, and the percentage of light from the moon will vary with your May starting date. Godesalco can give you the updated info when you punch in your starting date, etc.

Buen camino! -Kim McCoy
Kim - it’s taking me awhile to get back on to this site but truly appreciate the itinerary provided. Did your wife predominately stay in pilgrim provide hostels or hotels …. My wife & i would prefer a private room due to medical issues.
Also, just a comment on the itinerary provided…… i come from northern canada and sunset times you indicated (14:00 seem quite early for late September/ early October ?
Anyways, thanks for your assistance.
Bruce

Kim - it’s taking me awhile to get back on to this site but truly appreciate the itinerary provided. Did your wife predominately stay in pilgrim provide hostels or hotels …. My wife & i would prefer a private room due to medical issues.
Also, just a comment on the itinerary provided…… i come from northern canada and sunset times you indicated (14:00 seem quite early for late September/ early October ?
Bruce
I think the times are in the order sunrise/solar noon/sunset. So "8:14 / 14:14 / 20:14" would mean sunrise at 8:14, solar noon at 14:14 (sounds right for Spain with its weird time zone), and sunset at 20:14.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bruce
Bruce,
This was our plan for a journey we were not able to take last year. We hope to walk the camino this coming fall. On our itinerary were a mixture of albergues (pilgrim hostels), hotels, and a few AirBnB stays. The guides Gronze.com, Godesalco.com, and the Buen Camino app each can help you with finding places with lodging information. Some albergues have private or semi-private rooms, some do not. Use one or more of the listed resources (and there are others one can add to that short list) to help you plan.

David Tallan is correct - the ~2pm times refer to local solar noon. Where I live now (Seattle area) solar noon today is... 1:16pm. If we didn't have daylight saving time, solar noon would be 12:16pm.

I'm excited for you two and your upcoming pilgrimage!
-Kim

I think the times are in the order sunrise/solar noon/sunset. So "8:14 / 14:14 / 20:14" would mean sunrise at 8:14, solar noon at 14:14 (sounds right for Spain with its weird time zone), and sunset at 20:14.
David - yes, that would make more sense….. if not, then there must be a dark cloud hanging over Spain during late Sept/early Oct.
Bruce,

David Tallan is correct - the ~2pm times refer to local solar noon. Where I live now (Seattle area) solar noon today is... 1:16pm. If we didn't have daylight saving time, solar noon would be 12:16pm.

I'm excited for you two and your upcoming pilgrimage!
-Kim
kim
Thanks again; I’ve checked out both gronze & godesalco and found both to contain lots of useful information, especially related to lodging. Going to check out the buen camino app; then with these 3 referenced resources, I think we should be okay.
I wish you & Jennifer a happy and enjoy pilgrimage in the fall or as we say in Calgary …… Happy Trails to you ……..!!

Summary

Abbreviations

=================

Buen camino! -Kim McCoy
Kim - just trying to find this place O Pineiral mentioned in your itinerary- stage 12 which you’ve indicated is about 8.7 km from A Fonsagrada…..?
However, I’ve found a place called “Complejo O Pineiral” but this is only about 3.6 km from A Fonsagrada.
8.7 km from A Fonsagrada takes you near a place called”Pedrouzos” but I can’t find any accommodations near this place

Kim - just trying to find this place O Pineiral mentioned in your itinerary- stage 12 which you’ve indicated is about 8.7 km from A Fonsagrada…..?
However, I’ve found a place called “Complejo O Pineiral” but this is only about 3.6 km from A Fonsagrada.
8.7 km from A Fonsagrada takes you near a place called”Pedrouzos” but I can’t find any accommodations near this place
QuitoKid,
As my wife is the one who put this together, I will consult with her to see if we can concoct an answer to your query! I took a quick look on Google Maps, and found Complejo O Pineiral, as you said, 3.6 km from A Fonsagrada. I also found a handful of other O Pineiral sites in Spain. Jenny should be able to answer. I'll get back to you!
-Kim

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.