• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Budget?

Martha

Hello, I am looking to do the walk maybe next year. May-July 2007. I was thinking of doing the Le Puy. I heard it is long, 1000 miles. I was wondering if such a long walk would be a good idea for a first timer. And also, most importantly, how much money should I bring? I can live off of a small budget. But was wondering what the daily expenses usually are so I can plan ahead.
Thank you fellow pilgrims
Martha :D

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I too am interested in starting from le puy. As for whether its a good idea for a first timer-I walked the Via de la plata last may/june and seemed to be the only one on that route who hadn't first walked the french way. In a way that was a good thing as everyone said it was much harder-longer sections with NO facilities and over 200kms longer. Having said that maybe ignorance was bliss as I found it challengforing but immensely enjoyable. I don't think its the distance so much as preparation. In my opinion its vital to walk up to 15kms per day 3-4 times per week for a while before starting the camino. Several pilgrims came unstuck with either not being prepared and therefore getting blisters/sore knees/ or going too fast-50kms in one day is ridiculous. as for budget I have heard
that France is much more expensive than spain but I have no concrete info.Spain though is cheap-some days I only spent 15 euros other days more as I shared a hotel with someone I met-which is nice occasionally.That sort of accom varied between 15-47 euros per night for 2 so its not really that much.
I'll keep an eye out for info from le puy-I might see you there next year.
Kevin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back